11. new member

3 days until the summer retreat

"Guys, we have a new member joining our club," Jungwon exclaimed excitedly.

"Wait really?"

"That's great!"

"For real?"

"Meet Jang Sua, a first year like me. We're both in the same class and she applied to be a manager."

Sua came out from behind the door and cutely waved.

"Hi, I'm so excited to work with you," Sua smiled.

Sunoo walked over to Jungwon, "Didn't you tell her we already had a manager?"

"Don't worry I sorted everything out with Jake and he thinks having a second manager would be good for Seri," he reassured Sunoo.

"And she is running a little late today," Sunoo whispered.

"Yeah, it's a bit unlike her to arrive late."

The thuds of Seri's heavy boot echoed the hallway as she hovered over the small girl.

"Could you move?" she asked irritably.

Nobody was surprised as she made her way into the dance studio and sat in a chair in the back of the room. The boys and Sua stared at her a bit in shock that she did not bother to greet anyone nor notice the new girl in the room.

"Uh... sorry about that," Jake laughed with embarrassment, quickly walking over to Seri.

"Seri."

"What do you want Jake?" she answered while opening her book bag and getting the club folder out.

"We have a new person. Why don't you greet her since she's going to be the assistant manager," Jake said.

"Are you kidding me? You brought another person?" she murmured.

"Seri," Jake gritted through his teeth. Everyone was still by the entrance of the dance studio, standing in awkward silence.

"Fine," Seri rolled her eyes, "At least bring her here. I have a broken ankle remember?"

"Okay, okay," he responded trying to hold in his temper.

"Sua, come over here."

The petite girl happily skipped over as her short hair bounced with ease.

"Hi, Seri sunbaenim! I believe we already met," Sua exclaimed cutely.

"Sorry, but who are you?"

Sua's mouth dropped as her face flushed red. "You don't remember me? I came to your classroom."

"Oh... so you're the one who was annoying the hell outta me. What, did you just come here to stalk me?" Seri glared.

"S-Seri!" Jake gasped, taken aback by her harsh words, "She's only a first year and she's new! Stop it."

"No," she scoffed, "Jake, you told me there was only going to be 7 people in this club. I didn't sign up for this because I wanted to, okay? And now some strange stalker girl who came to every one of my matches appears out of nowhere? How do you expect me to be comfortable in this situation, huh?"

"S-Sorry, Seri," Sua weakly smiled, but tears were visible in her eyes, "I'm going to go now. Thanks, Jake sunbae."

She left the room, leaving the studio in even more awkward silence.

"SERI, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" Jake exclaimed furiously.

"THIS WAS AGAINST MY OWN WILL. WHY WOULD I WANT TO BE A MANAGER FOR SOME STUPID CLUB?" Seri retorted.

"SERI, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE NICER? IT'S NOT THAT HARD. BECAUSE OF YOU, WE JUST LOST A MEMBER!"

"Well, you just lost another one."

She threw the folder on the ground and packed her bags, limping out of the room. The guys quickly spread apart, letting her leave the room.

"That nasty temper of hers," Jake muttered.

"Sorry guys," he sighed with distress, "I'll be right back. Continue practicing. Ni-ki can you handle the choreo?"

Ni-ki nodded silently as Jake rushed out of the room.

"Seri! Seri, come back," he called as the limping girl cautiously walked down the stairs.

"Leave me alone," she spat, clutching on the stair railing for dear life.

"Please, Seri, I'm sorry. Come back to the club! We need you," Jake said desperately while reaching for her arm, "Please stay."

"No. Let go of me. Let go-"

But before she could finish her words, she lost her balance, feeling gravity push backward as her broken ankle was the one she was balancing on.