13. train station snacks

"Wow

"Wow... Jake hyung sure is scary when he gets mad," Sunoo shuddered.

"I know right. I haven't seen him get mad before in his life. I guess it's just a Seri thing," Jay shrugged.

"Anyways, we should get back to practice right? The winter showcase is coming soon," Heeseung said, gathering the boys to the center of the studio.

That's when they heard a loud thud and screaming. In alert, they immediately stopped the music and ran out the door.

"What was that?" Jungwon exclaimed worried while running.

"I don't know," Sunghoon said, following him.

The 6 boys found Seri lying at the bottom of the steps and Jake panicking.

"Guys, we have to get Seri to the hospital," Jake cried, "Hurry! Someone help me please! She fell down the stairs and hit her head and foot again."

**

The trip to Busan was postponed for another week due to Seri's injury. However, Seri was still being forced to go. Her parents thought it would be a good getaway for her and something to help her mental health.

She had done some major reflecting while she was away from the club since she was strictly forbidden to use her phone or any other electronics due to her concussion.

She heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

The door squeaked open and saw the appearance of him.

"Hi, Seri," Jake walked in with a side smile, "I came to drop off your summer homework and stuff from your locker since our summer break just started. How're you feeling?"

"Like dying," she responded flatly, "My head feels like it's about to explode if I turn the lights on."

He stayed quiet.

"Seri, I think you should apologize. To Sua and the group you know."

"I know," she sighed and closed her eyes, "I'm just not good at apologizing."

"What do you mean?" Jake laughed, "You apologized to me in the hospital."

"What? No, I didn't," Seri denied.

"Yeah, you did. I clearly remember your words, 'Jaeyun, I'm sorry.'"

She flushed red with embarrassment. "I was probably still half asleep. I don't remember a single thing. But you're right. I have to apologize."

"We're all meeting tomorrow at the train station so you can apologize then."

**

The next day...

Mr. Noh had driven Seri to the train station with her father early in the morning.

"You sure you're going to be okay, Seri?" her father asked.

"Dad, I'm going to be fine. I have all my medicine and necessities so I should be fine," she exclaimed, "Make sure Youngmin is practicing tennis."

Seri cautiously got out of the car and fell back into the wheelchair Mr. Noh had provided.

"Have a safe trip, Ms. Hwang," he humbly smiled.

"Thank you," Seri said softly.

Seri's father pushed her wheelchair, carrying her duffle bag, meeting the group at the designated location. All 7 guys were standing and chatting happily with each other. That is until Seri arrived. They stopped talking and all awkwardly stared away from her.

"Thanks for inviting Seri on this trip," Mr. Hwang, "Jaeyun, I'm trusting you to keep an eye out for Seri. If anything happens, make sure to call us. Bye kids, have fun!"

Mr. Hwang left the 8 kids leaving them in awkward silence.

"Come on guys," Jake smiled, pushing Seri's wheelchair, "Let's get going so we don't miss the train! Sua said she's going to meet us tonight because she has something this morning."

They all nodded and silently began walking to the station.

"Guys," Seri spoke quietly.

They all stopped and turned around, facing her.

"I... I-I'm sorry. If it's okay, can I still be in the club?"

"Of course."

**

The mood was completely brighter and more energetic as they all boarded the train. Seri was also in a better mood and was able to loosen up a bit.

"Guys, we're almost in Busan," Sunghoon exclaimed excitedly.

"I'm starving," Sunoo complained, "These snacks weren't enough and Ni-ki ate all the good clementines."

"Speaking of which, we should go eat something when we arrive. What's tasty in Busan?" Heeseung questioned.

"I know, we have to eat eomuk (Korean fish cake) or sashimi!" Jay said, "And we can get hotteok too. Oh, we have to have a BBQ too."

They laughed and Seri let out a little smile. It was the small moments, small moments like this that make the best memories. And Seri was hoping she wasn't going to regret it.

—————————————————
a/n: hi y'all thank u sm for 140+ reads! i will be on a mini hiatus bc of school :( see you guys again soon! i'll try my best to make this a great story!