33. no turning back now

Happy holidays :) hope you had a great one xx

Dixie.

Before I could decide if I'd leave the room, I heard a knock on the door. Furrowing my eyebrows, I got up and opened it, finding Charli.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" My sister asked, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sure. Come in." I shrugged, letting her in and closing the door behind us.

"What's up?" I asked, leaning against the door while she sad by the edge of my bed.

"I'm sorry I tried to date (Y/N)." She started, making me almost laugh. Why did she feel the need to say that out of nowhere?

"Why are you apologizing?" I questioned.

"Look, I've been going through confusing times. I really did think I felt attracted to her.... well I do... uhm...."

"Not a good way to apologize, Char." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry! I'm trying to be truthful!" My sister complained, I chuckled in response.

"What I'm trying to say is that I've realized something." She told me.

"And what did you realize?" I asked.

"That it's been a while since I've spent time with just myself, and I don't think I know myself all that well anymore." Charli explained, I nodded, motioning her to go on.

"I've put my happiness on other people's backs and I need to learn how to be happy with my own company... I need to figure myself out, and I'm starting by being truthful to myself and to you." She finished, I sighed and sat by her side.

"I'm proud of you." I spoke out, making my sister smile in response.

"Are you really?" She asked, I just nodded and hugged her.

"I love you." Charli said, hugging me back tightly.

"I love you too, you idiot." I responded, stroking her hair playfully.

"So, where's Claudia?" My sister asked.

"Where she's supposed to be." I responded, making Charli raise an eyebrow.

"She's with Madison." I clarified.

"Oh, right! What was that kiss about?" Charli asked.

"I guess they finally accepted that they've been in love since middle school." I chuckled.

"Oh, so that's why I saw (Y/N) hanging outside the hotel. Makes sense that they're alone in there." My sister said, making me remember what Claudia had told me earlier.

"Hey, I think I have to do something." I said, getting up.

"Is everything ok?" She asked, looking at me curiously. I just nodded, opening the door and almost running out of the room.

Going down the stairs quickly, I wondered if she was still there, sitting down at the lounge with her analyzing gaze and playful smile. That was all I wanted to look at, and I didn't know if she felt like risking it all too, but I was.

I stopped to catch my breath before looking around the lounge. It was practically empty, the hotel staff looking at me with a suspicious gaze. Was I too late? Was that the only moment I'd be brave enough? I closed my eyes for a couple seconds and walked towards one of the couches on the large area, sitting down and feeling a lump in my throat. I had no idea how I ended up there, sitting down with my heart aching for someone else again, when I'd promised myself that I wasn't ready for such thing. But, sitting there, I knew that there was no better time for me to scream out my feelings.

As a tear shyly dripped down my face, I looked outside the hotel. While someone opened the door to get in, I saw a known figure facing the street, standing outside the hotel. I gasped and got up, almost automatically.

I walked quickly towards the street, opening the large door and closing it behind me, the thin cold air of the night hitting me. Her back was facing me, she didn't seem to notice my presence and, for a second, I froze. I hadn't planned what I was going to say, so I tried clumsily to speak out.

"I love you."

Great, Dixie. Just fucking great! Couldn't have been smoother!

With furrowed eyebrows, (Y/N) turned around, our eyes met and I gulped. The wind played with our clothes and hair, a weak street light made it so that I only saw a few of her features, making me miss the other ones even more.

"I'm sorry?" She spoke out, her eyes never leaving mine.

Well, no turning back now.

"I love you." I repeated, firmly this time, making her features soften, (Y/N) took a deep breath while she still looked at me.

"You do?" She blinked a couple times, her face becoming confused.

"Yes, (Y/N), I do! I'm in love with you, and I didn't want to, but all I can seem to think about is how much I miss you, and how right it feels when I hug you, and I even miss your stupid accent!" I said, making the other girl chuckle slightly, her hands on her pockets as she walked closer to me. My heart was slamming against my chest and my hands were sweating as I spit every word.

"I don't know how this happened, all I know is that being away from you is killing me, and I feel like this is the only thing I can do about it. So there it is: I'm in love with you, and I couldn't watch you leave without telling you." I said, taking a deep breath after finishing, feeling relieved. She just watched me in disbelief.

"You could at least say something." I mumbled, starting to regret my decision.

(Y/N) chuckled in response, walking even closer to me, her eyes watching me with a tenderness that I didn't think I'd seen before. It felt warm, even though she didn't have her hands on me, her gaze stroked me like the heat of a bonfire.

"I love you too." She said simply, making my heart almost punch my ribcage.

"Then kiss me, you idiot!" I complained, she giggled and pulled me in, connecting our lips slowly. I finally relaxed my body when it touched hers, letting her lips guide mine. Her hands stroked my face as we kissed, I smiled against her lips and pulled away only to hug her.

"I can't believe you let me say all that stuff." I commented against her chest.

"I'm sorry, I got speechless." She chuckled, holding me tighter.

"What do we do now?" (Y/N) questioned after a couple seconds.

"Wanna go to my room and cuddle?" I looked up, making the other girl smile.

"Sounds good to me."

She held my hand and I led her to my room. I knew we had things to talk about, hurtful things, necessary things. But after saying all those things, I just needed to be there with her and enjoy the fact that the one I loved said it back.