36. can we talk

Hello! I'm sorry I'm late, I had a major creative block :( but we're back!!!

Dixie.

(Y/N) and I got home quite early, the prom was what it was. We enjoyed it as much as we could, but all that reminded us that our year together was about to end, and that made me want to just keep her close, almost not moving.

"Sleep over?" I turned to my teammate

"Are your parents ok with that?" She questioned.

"They're asleep." I winked.

"Oh." (Y/N) smirked.

I smiled back and led her up the stairs. When we reached the door to my room, I leaned in to kiss her, but didn't get to finish.

"Dix?" I heard a whisper behind me, turning to find my little sister.

"Hey, what's up?" I turned, feeling slightly bothered. I was in the middle of something.

"Can we talk?" Charli asked.

"Yeah, what's up?" I leaned against the wall, (Y/N) by my side.

"Downstairs." She told me, and then I realized that she had a look on her face, one that I couldn't quite figure out, and that didn't happen often, Charli was my little sister, I knew the looks on her face from far away.

"Ok." I replied quickly after realizing something was wrong.

"Wait for me inside." I whispered against (Y/N)'s ear, the girl smiled.

"Yes, ma'am." She replied.

I took Charli downstairs and sat down on the living room couch.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I kissed Laura." Charli spat out, making me almost choke on my saliva.

"You did WHAT?" I yelled.

"Shut up!" She whispered. Now I knew the look on her face, it was a desperate look.

"How?" I whispered back.

"She was sad!" My sister replied.

"So you KISSED her?" I said back, incredulous.

"It was a reflex! She smells good!" Charli defended herself.

"Yeah, because she SHOWERS!" I said, making my sister roll her eyes.

"What happened to your alone time?" I asked.

"I ruined it." My sister whined.

"And what did she do?" I questioned.

"We just looked at each other and went to sleep." Charli told me.

"Oh, no." I mumbled.

"What do I do?" Charli asked.

"Well, control your mouth!" I told her.

"Dixie, I'm serious!" She complained.

"Uhm, do you want to kiss her again?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe." Charli shrugged.

"Then go upstairs, wake her up and kiss her again. I don't even think she's asleep to be honest." I told my little sister.

"Didn't you just tell me to control my mouth?" Charli raised an eyebrow.

"Well, do you want things to be awkward or do you want to seem like you know what you want?" I asked back.

"Yeah, but if she rejects me I'll be double awkward." She rolled her eyes.

"If she does, just say you're sorry and ask if she wants to watch a movie, own your needs!" I responded.

"You're oddly happy." Charli chuckled.

"Yeah, and now I'm going to go be more oddly happy upstairs with my girlfriend." I winked, getting up from the couch.

"Dix." Charli spoke up, I turned to face her.

"If she doesn't kiss me back I'll look like an idiot." She complained.

"She will kiss you back." I responded, starting to go up the stairs.

"How do you know?" Charli asked.

"I just do." I said and turned around.

Finally going to my room, I found (Y/N) laying on my bed, wearing only shorts and a gym bra. I took a deep breath before speaking up.

"I wish I had been the one to take your clothes off." I spoke up.

"I can always put them back on." The soccer player winked.

"I have something to tell you first." I told her, laying by her side.

"What is it?" She turned to face me.

"Charli and Laura kissed!" I said, making my girlfriend's jaw drop, she looked baffled for a couple seconds.

"W...When? How?" (Y/N) asked.

"Charli was too nervous to tell me details, but I just told her to go kiss Laura again." I explained.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" The other girl asked.

"I think so, they deserve good things." I shrugged.

"If your sister breaks my sister's heart I'll break up with you." (Y/N) said in a playful tone.

"If your sister breaks my sister's heart I'll break you." I said back, leaning in and touching our noses.

"Oh, yeah? And how are you planning to do that?" She questioned, I smirked and straddled her, my legs on each side of her waist.

"I have a couple things in mind." I whispered against her mouth.

The night went by quick, and I planned on finding out what happened to Charli and Laura as soon as I woke up.

When I opened my eyes, the bed was empty, making me raise an eyebrow. I was pretty sure I had a pretty girl laying next to me. I got up, rubbing my eyes and opening the door, hearing voices downstairs. I went down quickly, finding (Y/N) talking to.... my mom?

"Hey, Dix!" My mom greeted as mixed something on a pan, I assumed she was making scrambled eggs.

"Hey." I said back, sitting next to (Y/N).

"(Y/N) was just telling me about the game, why didn't you tell us you won?" She asked. For some reason, the idea of (Y/N) and my mom talking made me smile slightly.

"Yeah, we won. But I don't think that's relevant if it doesn't get me into UCLA." I shrugged.

"Well, we should hear back from them soon." My mom told me.

"I don't know, it's been a while." I sighed. Getting into UCLA was my big dream, and I had been trying to avoid any conversations that reminded me of the fact that they hadn't given me an answer yet, and that included talking about my soccer games.

"DIXIE, DIXIE, DIXIE!" I heard yelling, turning around to find Charli, my dad and Laura. I raised an eyebrow at Charli.

"Good morning, sister." I said.

Charli didn't reply, all she did was hand me a piece of paper. It was an envelope. From UCLA. It was already ripped.

"Why would you open it?" I asked angrily.

"JUST OPEN IT!" All of them yelled, joined by (Y/N) and my mom, who squeezed together behind me to read the letter.

"Fine!" I rolled my eyes, opening it up.

Actually, I was burning with nervousness, that ripped piece of paper would dictate my life for the next years, and the fact that it was in front of me didn't make it any easier to read. I started to swift my eyes through the words any way. Then, there was the sentence. That sentence.

I got in.