10. counting on it

Hello :) don't forget to comment.

Dixie looked pleased when we arrived at the coffee shop, which got me relieved. We ordered in silence, I took the time to watch her features. Her hazel eyes looking golden as the afternoon sun entered through the shop's window, her dark hair wrapped in a messy bun. I smiled at the sight.

"What are you thinking about?" She spoke out.

"I'm just looking at you." I shrugged, making Dixie chuckle.

"Yeah I can see that." She replied while sipping on her cup of coffee.

"Does it bother you?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm not used to it, but I like it." She explained.

"I doubt that." I giggled.

"I'm serious!" She protested.

"You're the soccer team's star, you should have all eyes on you." I said, she rolled her eyes.

"You'd be surprised. They look, but I mean, you analyze me." She told me, making me laugh.

"I'm just curious." I shrugged.

"About what?"

"More things than I should."

"You could always ask." The girl in front of me suggested.

"That's no fun." I retorted, making Dixie grin.

"The hard way is always more fun, right?" She asked, biting her lip, I smirked and nodded.

"So, you don't feel bad about missing your study session?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I do, but I feel worse for taking you to my place and then making you leave 5 minutes later." Dixie explained.

"Yeah, you really hurt my feelings, Dixie." I said, making a fake crying face, the other girl chuckled.

"You weren't even having fun!" She retorted.

"I was when my face was near something more interesting than the books." I shrugged, looking into her eyes. I saw a sparkle of nervousness in her and smirked.

"Maybe we can drop the books next time." She leaned towards me with a smile on her face, which I found more attractive than I probably should.

"I'd like that." I nodded, focusing on her lips for a second. The fact that we hadn't kissed yet was killing me. I'd been attracted to Dixie D'Amelio since the moment I saw her running on the field, and I went for it blindly. I didn't expect to feel that much tension between us, but, on the other hand, I could notice that Dixie was going crazy too, and I enjoyed watching it.

"But I really am sorry about my ex just showing up like that. I hope it didn't make you uncomfortable." She said.

"It didn't. I was just concerned that she'd jump me on the way home." I replied, making her laugh.

"Ashley has a... tough personality." She muttered.

"She seems like a lot of information." I commented.

"She is. You only saw 2 minutes of it, I saw 2 years." Dixie said, making me widen my eyes.

"She was a lot of my firsts, it's hard to let go of that. A lot of who I am and now much I've grown is because of our relationship, so I try to respect the time we had, but she makes it really hard." She explained, I nodded.

"I'm not one to judge, I've never been in a serious relationship." I shrugged.

"You've never been in love?" Dixie asked.

"I don't think so. I didn't have the time before I came here." I replied, she nodded.

"Were your parents strict?" She asked, making me take a deep breath.

"You could say that. I also worked back home, and when I wasn't working I was practicing, also when I wasn't practice I was taking care of my little sister." I told her. It felt weird to talk about life before coming to the US, even though it was more recent than I thought.

"You have a little sister? How old is she?" Dixie asked, with a smile on her face.

"She's 16, she's my complete opposite, which I think is sweet." I answered, smiling at the thought of my sister, she was the only thing still connecting me to my other life.

"I'd miss Charli like crazy if I went away." She commented, making me sigh.

"I miss her everyday, I almost didn't come here because of her, but she didn't let me sleep until I said yes." I explained with a smile on my face, but feeling my chest heavy.

Before Dixie could say anything, my phone lit up and I read the text on it. My stomach dropped.

"I'm... uhm, I'm sorry, but I have to go." I said, getting up quickly.

"Is everything ok?" Dixie raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, don't worry." I lied, kissing her cheek softly.

"You know, one day you'll have to land that kiss." She mumbled against my ear.

"I'm counting on it." I said before turning away, still feeling my heart beating quickly.

I knew that would happen, but not so soon. I got scared. I had to solve the issue before the end of the day, and, being so far away from my country, it terrified me.