26. i need to talk to you

Dixie.

I ended up sleeping at Madison's. My mind still felt foggy and I felt like I could explode at any second. That's just not how things were supposed to be, I was supposed to kiss her and feel nothing but the good part, what's the point of feeling the bad stuff if you're not going to build a relationship? Maybe feeling the bad stuff means that deep down you want to build something, deep down you want to face those bad feelings because you believe the person in your mind is worth the risk. But, in my head at that moment, the idea of taking risks for someone just made my head hurt worse.

"Dix." I heard a voice, taking me from my thoughts. Looking to my side, I found Madison with Claudia curled up against her.

"Yes?" I asked, feeling my head throb in pain.

"I need to talk to you." She said in a serious tone, even though we both probably looked half-dead. I sat up.

"Did something happen?" I questioned.

"A couple things. I just.... I need to talk to someone." My friend whispered. She'd been off for a while, and with the things going on with me, I just shook it off after some time, but I was glad she was trying to open up. I just wondered why she was talking to me and not Claudia.

10 hours ago.

Madison.

"That's it, you're coming with me." Claudia hissed, pulling me by the wrist.

I didn't have any time to protest, she took me up the stairs quickly, pushing me inside my own room and locking the door behind her, muffling the sounds from the party.

"Claudia, I need to take care of the par..."

"What is going on with you? Huh? What's with all the crying and kissing random guys?" She interrupted me angrily, I scoffed.

"That's none of your business. When did the people that I kiss star bothering you?" I hissed.

"Since you've been acting like someone I don't know!" Claudia blurted out. That made my heart burn for a second.

"Why don't you just leave me, huh? Why don't you just walk out the door and LEAVE? I'm not asking you to stay!" I was practically yelling, feeling a lump in my throat as my voice started trembling.

"Because I CAN'T. I can't leave you because I love you, and it hurts me to see you losing yourself like this. And that's on YOU." She yelled back, pointing at me. At that point, my voice was too weak to yell back.

"I... I'm sorry." I said simply.

"I know you, and I'm worried." My best friend said in a softer tone, pulling me closer by the arm.

"There's just a lot going on right now." I shrugged, looking down.

"Then tell me." Claudia pleaded, pulling my face up by the chin.

"I can't." I almost whispered, feeling weaker than ever. Having her worried look over me and knowing that I wasn't going to be able to say a thing was too hurtful. I felt weak, like I'd break down at every second, and I didn't want her to hold me, I couldn't bare seeing Claudia watch me be so weak, she deserved more than that.

"Madison, I know you're hurting. Let me help you." She asked softly, stroking my cheek. At that point, we were inches apart, Claudia's left hand resting on my face while the other one held me by the arm. I put both my hands on her cheeks, cupping her face and analyzing her features. I wished I could just stay there watch how beautiful she was, without saying a word, without feeling like the wind was about to carry me away.

"You don't know how beautiful you are, truly." I said with the last of my strength, stroking her features softly with my fingertips.

Claudia didn't respond, she just closed her eyes and let my fingers run across her face, leaning in for my touch. I ran my thumb around her bottom lip and gulped, making my best friend open her eyes.

The both of us seemed to fragile to say anything. Claudia's eyes drifted down, and suddenly the strongest thing inside me was my heartbeat, pounding against my ribs. She moved her face closer to mine and I copied her movements, almost automatically, feeling her warm breathing hit my face.

Maybe I knew what was about to happen. But at that moment, I was too weak to say anything, and something from my very core seemed to control me, something that I had tried to keep quiet for too long, and it was now taking over me, trying to make up for the time it had spent hidden inside me.

But then a noise made me regain control of myself again. I moved away from Claudia and looked at the door.

"I think that came from your parents' room." She spoke out.

"Uh, yeah." I replied, opening the door and walking towards my parents' room, Claudia came along.

Opening the door, I found Charli and (Y/N) looking at each other, their bodies oddly close. What the hell...?

10 hours later.

Dixie.

"Ok, tell me." I encouraged Madison.

"Can I tell you at your place?" She asked, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Ok, is Claudia coming?" I questioned. I didn't get why she wanted to tell me somewhere else, but I wasn't going to complain too much.

"Uhm.... No, she's tired and I don't want to wake her up." Madison whispered. Claudia seemed unbothered, sleeping peacefully on our friend's chest.

"Fine. I'll go get my car keys, good luck taking her off you." I told her, starting to get up.

"I'll meet you downstairs." Madison said.

"Ok."

"Oh, and Dixie?"

"Yes?"

"You can't tell anyone about what I'm going to tell you."

I was not surprised by that request, she'd been hiding something for a while, I didn't think she'd just make it public out of the blue. So I nodded, going to her room to grab my keys.

The drive to my place was quick and quiet, Madison looked nervous, I was worried she'd give up on telling me her secret, but at least now I knew for sure that she really had something going on. I opened my front door carefully, trying not to make a sound, thinking that my parents and Charli were probably asleep.

"We just need to speak in a very low to... WHAT THE FUCK?" I yelled, looking at the kitchen and being surprised by a very unexpected scene: Charli was leaning against the counter, and holding her waist and touching her lips was... (Y/N).

Oh, the chaos....

What will Dixie do?