40

Peyton's POV
The Next Day
3:26

After hours of arguing with myself, I finally decided to tell mommy and daddy about what happened yesterday. I'm scared about what they will say or if they will believe me or not. I mean why shouldn't they believe me? I have a whole bruise on my arm to prove that it happened.

I took a deep breath before getting out of my room and knocking on their door.

You can do this Peyton.

"Come in!" I heard mom say. I nervously walked inside their room while playing with my fingers.

"Hi, Peyton."

"Hey."

"Are you okay?" Dad asked and I shook my head no.

"What's wrong?" They both asked me and I felt the mood in the room change.

"Um, I need to talk to you guys about something." I said and I sat on their bed looking at them.

"Okay, the floor is yours." Mom said.

"Yesterday when I was walking to meet Sienna and Auntie Tay, uh, someone grabbed me and dragged me across the street. I could tell it was a man because he was strong."

"Oh god." Mom said and dad was just staring at me so I continued.

"He uh, he threw me in a limo and when I looked at who was inside it was Nicole. I tried to open the door but it was locked. Nicole tried to grab my arm but I moved it away from her reach. I was scared I thought she was going to kidnap me."

"Continue baby."

"We talked and we ended up getting on the mom topic. That's when she told me that your not my mom. So I said that you are my mom. You have been there for me more than you have."

"What happened next?" Dad asked.

"She uh, she grabbed my arm and squeezed it hard. I tried to tell her to let me go but she didn't. Don't get mad at me but I cursed at her and she let me go."

"Oh my goodness. What did you say?" Dad chuckled.

"I called her the B-word. Then the car doors opened and I left. While I was walking I saw a bruise forming on my arm." I took off my sweater and showed them the purple and blue bruise. They gasped and mom grabbed my arm looking at it closely.

"Ouch."

"I'm sorry baby." Mom said hugging me.

"I don't, I don't think I want to see her again." I said crying into her chest. I was so hurt.

Toni's POV

It's been about 30 minutes now and Peyton cried herself to sleep. Ken and I were now talking about the topic.

"Ken what if she comes back?"

"I'll call my lawyer today and get a restraining order against her."

"Ken that's still her mom."

"I understand that but Peyton said that she doesn't want to see her again. If I recall you have to be 11 years old or older to refuse to see a parent."

"Alright." I said.

"Baby, everything is going to be fine. Peyton's bruise is going to go away within 2-3 weeks and by then the restraining will be in process that way Nicole won't be able to come near her."

"How long will the restraining order last?"

"Until Peyton turns 18, by then she will be considered an adult by law and she can decide whether or not she can decide if she wants to see her birth mom or not." I sighed and Kenny kissed me taking my worries away.