46

The twins room in MM

The next day

Today Toni and the twins get to go home. They were sleeping in their bassinet while Toni went to go shower. Once she came out of the shower she saw that Kayleigh was sleeping and Jr. was just looking at her. Kayleigh had her arm wrapped around Jr.'s arm and she thought that it was so cute. Taking a picture of them she saved it for later.

Toni sat on the bed and that's when someone knocked on the door

Toni sat on the bed and that's when someone knocked on the door. Sighing, she got up to open it.

"Hi, Jackie."

"Hi, Toni. How are they doing?" She asked walking in.

"Good." Toni said. Jackie walked towards the bassinet and saw her niece and nephew.

"Awww they are so cute. Jr looks like you and Kayleigh looks like Kenny."

"You think so?"

"Yes. Jr is definitely your twin, no doubt."

"What's those?" Toni asked looking at the papers in Jackie's hand.

"Oh, these are the birth certificates, their footprints, and your discharge papers."

"Oh." Toni signed the discharge papers and took the twins' birth certificates and their footprints and placed them inside her bag.

"Are you all set?"

"Yeah, Kenny said that he will be here in 5 minutes."

"Oh okay. Be safe."

"I will. Later." Toni said as Jackie walked out the door to tend to other patients.

Two weeks later

Toni and Kenny were slowly adjusting to life with twins. They were struggling for the first couple of days but soon they got the hang of it.

Toni took off six months maternity leave from work and Kenny also took off six months. Toni told him that he can go to work but he insisted on staying home to help Toni out.

Toni was breastfeeding the twins with the breastfeeding pillow while Kenny took a shower. Kayleigh cooed getting Toni's attention.

"Daddy went to go shower." Toni told her. At just 2 weeks old, Kayleigh already had Kenny wrapped around her little finger. She scrunched up her face and started crying which startled Jr. who was falling asleep and he started crying.

"Kayyy." She whined picking up her daughter and placing her on her shoulder. Just then Kenny came out and grabbed Kayleigh causing her crying to stop.

"Really." Toni said rubbing her son's back as his cries subsided.

Peyton's POV

Nicole can see me now because of the restraining order. Nicole was supposed to take me out for my birthday which was last week but she forgot so she's taking me out today. I don't even want to go but I have to. How are you going to show up 6 years later and want to be in my life?

I got dressed in a light blue and white short sleeve striped shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. Then I put on a pair of blue and white Jordan's.  For my hair, I flat ironed it last night so all I had to do was comb through it. Then I paired some gold hoop earrings and I grabbed my purse.

I left my room and headed towards mom and dads room

I left my room and headed towards mom and dads room. I knocked on the door and dad told me to come in. I walked into the room and saw mom and the twins sleeping.

"Dad, Nicole said that she's 5 minutes away."

"Okay, I'll lock the door." We went downstairs and Nicole texted me saying that she was outside. I told dad and he walked me outside.

"Text me when you make it to the mall."

"Okay. Love you, dad."

"Love you too." He kissed my forehead and I got in the car.

"Hi."

"Hi, Peyton." After I put my seatbelt on I waved to dad and we drove off.

About thirty minutes later we arrived at the mall and I sent dad a quick text. We went to a couple of stores before Nicole started talking.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you last week."

"It's fine. I spent my birthday with my parents and my siblings." I said and I saw her get upset.

"You know that I'm still your mother right?"

"Well, maybe you can start acting like it."

"I'm trying my best but it seems like you don't want me to."

"I wonder why." I smartly said looking through a shelf of clothes. She sighed,

"Look I can't change what happened in the past but I can make it up to you in the future. I want to be in your life again but that's only if you let me." I wanted to believe her but I just couldn't. I felt like she was going to mess up in a matter of time.

"I have to think about it."

"That's fine with me. Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, I could eat."

"Okay, after we check out we can go and grab pizza." Does she not know?

"Uh, I'm lactose intolerant."

"Since when?"

"Since forever. It wasn't that bad when you were around but it got worse when I got older."

"Oh, how about we grab some burgers without cheese? Does that sound good?"

"Yeah." She paid for our things and we went to Smash Burger. After we ate and did more shopping she dropped me home. I went to take a shower and I immediately fell asleep.

***
Kayleigh is a daddy's girl already 🥺💗

Should Peyton give Nicole a second chance?

Not grammatically corrected