Chapter Four

He hasn't slept in over a day so he wasn't surprised when sleep overtook him almost immediately.

---

The next time Chris opened his eyes, it was fourteen hours after he fell asleep last night.

Damn, he was a deep sleeper.

Chris groaned, rolling off of the bed and landing on the rough carpet with a loud thud. Chris rubbed his back, muttering a quiet "ow".

After a few seconds of contemplation, Chris stood up and shuffled over to the bathroom, grabbing his backpack by the strap on the way over.

It's shower time.

Chris pulled off his sticky, dirty clothes and threw them to the floor, cringing a bit. He couldn't believe he slept in those.

This is why he usually sleeps in his boxers.

Chris took the complimentary bar of soap off the counter and got into the shower, immediately turning the water to the hottest setting.

He needed to make plans on what he was going to do today, so Chris had to be very awake.

---

After taking a shower and changing into some not dirty clothes, Chris returned to the main room and just sat on the bed.

He didn't really know what to do.

Chris groaned. He told himself that he was going to plan what he was going to do about the whole situation with Strike, but he had no ideas.

Maybe he could just not do anything, since Strike was in another city.

But his consciousness would definitely not allow that.

Chris rubbed his face before reaching over to grab the television remote, clicking the on button with his thumb.

It's just to get his mind off of things, he'll return to making the plan later.

Yeah, he was procrastinating.

The television was immediately put onto the news channel, the news anchor describing something in a serious manner. Chris' eyebrows furrowed a bit, realizing exactly what the anchor was talking about.

They were still talking about his and Strike's identities getting revealed.

It's literally been a few days. Why were they still covering it?

Were they really that important?

Chris listened intently to the words being spoken by the anchor.

"...the future of the hero? It is quite unclear, and many people have been searching for Lee Minho ever since the incident in an attempt to talk to the hero about his life, but by an interview with the mentioned hero's friends and father, he has gone missing..."

Chris' eyes widened. Strike has gone missing?

What?

Chris was about to continue listening to the television, but three sharp knocks came from the door.

Quirking an eyebrow, Chris turned off the television and stared at the door.

Who would be knocking?

Three more sharp knocks came from the door, the person on the other side was clearly banging on the wood quite hard.

Chris stood up, walking cautiously over to the door as the person knocked once again. Once at the door, Chris looked through the peephole.

It was the fucking police.

That shit at the front desk last night must have snitched.

Pathetic.

Three officers stood behind the door, standing in some sort of triangle formation. All of them looked quite tense as if they were anticipating something bad.

Chris wasn't really scared by the police. He could easily kill them if he wanted to.

But do you know who should be scared?

That shit at the front desk last night.

Chris opened the door just as the officer at the front began to knock yet again. Chris stared right into the officer's eyes, putting on an annoyed look while simultaneously feigning ignorance. "Yes?"

The officer blinked, hesitating for a second before remembering what to do. The officer barked, attempting to be intimidating, but coming out shaky as if the only one intimidated was himself. "PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR-"

Chris rolled his eyes and immediately swiped the officer and his buddies' feet under them with his telekinesis. "Oh, shut up."

Chris stepped out of the room and looked around quickly. He needed to find a way to get them out of here so they wouldn't disturb his thinking.

Chris' eyes landed on the window at the end of the hallway.

He was on the third floor, right?

Just as the three officers started to get up, Chris picked their bodies up with his telekinesis and threw them out of the window with as much force as he could.

Glass shattered everywhere, the sound of the bodies moving through the air along with their screams rang through the air. After a few more seconds, a loud crash was heard, car alarms sirening in response.

He probably just killed them.

Oops.

A couple of people in adjacent rooms peeked their heads out of their rooms, probably wondering what they just heard. Chris chuckled, shrugging. "Don't worry about it."

Chris went back into his room and shut the door.

That was fun.

Chris then realized that he should probably find that shit that snitched.

Well, he was pretty brave to risk his life even after getting threatened.

Chris reopened the door, marching down the halls towards the elevator.

That shit will get what was coming for him.

A/N oh damn

Anyways, I don't mean to be annoying, but can all of you answer the thing I posted on my latest post in my conversations tab? I really need all of y'alls answer, especially since it kind of correlates to the frequency of updates for this book. Please answer, thank you. :)

have a good day!

unedited