Chapter Twenty-One

"How do you feel now, you shits?"

Chris looked down at the two fallen heroes and started to cackle. He never felt this much power before.

Mega began to stir, grumbling as he tried to get up. Strike stared at Chris as he gripped his shoulder, hissing as the dagger shifted in his shoulder. "Y-you won't win, Chris."

Chris raised an eyebrow. "Oh really now? By the looks of it, we are very much so winning."

Strike sighed and ripped the dagger out of his shoulder, flying up and landing on his feet all in the span of a few seconds. "You really underestimate us."

Before Chris could respond, Strike stomped on the ground, opening a chasm beneath the trio of villains.

Okay, shit.

Chris and the two other villains dove out of the way immediately, rolling on the now unstable asphalt.

Mega stood up as well, standing right next to Strike. "And you're outnumbered."

Outnumbered?

Two to three isn't outnum-

Chris saw movement out of the corner of his eye, turning his head slightly to see a line of police cars coming up to the scene.

Amazing.

Chris turned and made eye contact with Hyunjin, Hyunjin mouthing the one word that he had on his mind. "Fuck."

Chris had no idea how the heroes got the police on their side. After the whole incident that turned the world against them, most people hated them, but now the public is generally okay with them.

Also, after Strike's identity got revealed, a lot more reactions spawned too.

But at the end of the day, it kind of made sense. The heroes and the police were both good and Chris and the other villains were definitely the opposite of that.

They needed to get out of there.

Chris ran over to where Hyunjin and Jeongin were standing, using his telekinesis to help himself jump over the chasm in the road. Chris gestured for them to follow him as he ran away. "Come on!"

If they got caught, they might be screwed.

The trio of villains ran over the ruins of the fallen building, kicking up lots of dust in the process.

Chris noticed that the two heroes were following them, so they needed to make a diversion. "Jeongin? Can you-"

"A-already on i-it"

Jeongin turned around and ran backwards, projectile spewing toxic waste at the heroes flying through the sky.

It certainly slowed down their flight path.

Hyunjin ran ahead and stopped next to a van that was parked on the side of the road. "Cover me. I'll hijack this so we could get out of here."

Chris nodded and put his air bazooka back on his shoulder.

This was like a shooter game.

Chris aimed for the heroes in the sky, pulling the trigger. The blast of air flew through the sky, Strike and Mega both expertly dodging it. Without waiting again, Chris shot another blast.

Soon enough he'll hit the target.

The police began to make their way around the ruins of the fallen building, lining up in a uniform formation. As if rehearsed, each officer took out their guns and aimed them at the villains.

Uh oh.

Chris shot a blast of air towards the officers. "Hyunjin, how much more time do you need!?"

"Not much, just a few more seconds."

Strike and Mega landed right in front of Chris and Jeongin, Strike pointing directly at them. "You won't get away!"

Hyunjin shouted at that moment, yanking the driver's seat door open. "Done! Get in!"

Chris shot another blast of air at the heroes and turned, aggressively opening the door for the backseat and diving in. Jeongin dove into the passenger's seat, slamming the door shut. "L-let's g-go!"

Hyunjin started the car. "Put on your seatbelts. Now."

As soon as Chris clicked his seatbelt into place, the car jerked forward by Hyunjin slamming the gas. Chris glanced back through the back window.

Strike and Mega were following them.

A/N damn this was cringe, im bad at writing anyways + the fact that im so tired really isn't helping somebody end me

unedited