Chapter Twenty-Five

Can Strike please stop trying to fix something that can't be fixed?

---

After a few more long hours, Hyunjin finally pulled into a parking lot. Hyunjin sighed, turning the van off. "We're finally here."

Chris took off his seatbelt. "Finally, my ass hurts."

Chris was about to open the door, but Hyunjin honked the horn of the car without warning. "Wait!"

Chris jumped, staring at Hyunjin with wide eyes. "What?"

Jeongin immediately started cackling.  Hyunjin turned around to stare right at Chris, a serious yet playful look on his face. "We can't go out yet. We need to disguise ourselves before we go out or even into the building. If anyone recognizes us, that'd be a huge issue."

Chris grumbled. "Right. How?"

"Clothes."

---

The trio of villains left the van, fully decked out in hoodies and baseball caps. They were quite lucky that Chris brought half of his wardrobe in his backpack. Hyunjin used holograms to make himself less robotic, and Jeongin was wearing sunglasses that mostly covered his melted face.

You couldn't really tell who they were unless you really looked.

Chris walked slowly next to the other villains, talking quietly so only they could hear. "So how are we going to get in exactly? What's our plan?"

Hyunjin spoke up, glancing around. "LeeCorp does tours for visitors so they could see the manufacturing of their equipment, plus tours for schools to learn about not only manufacturing but also marketing. Because of this, us showing up in clothes like this wouldn't necessarily be out of place. The main issue though is that this all takes place on the first floor so if we move to the second floor or higher, that's when we'll definitely look out of place. I'd assume that the information about Strike is stored on a computer, so all we need to do is find an open computer and I could probably hack it and get the information we need, but all the computers and stuff are on the non-tourist levels."

Chris raised an eyebrow. "How do you know all of this?"

Hyunjin let out a small nervous chuckle. "Well, I... was actually an intern at LeeCorp before the accident that caused me to lose my arm and eye. I know how the place works."

"Oh."

Hyunjin scratched the back of his neck. "But I can't really consider it an internship. I got it because I wanted to observe how people can create and make different kinds of programs for marketing and also observe how some of their fitness technology works to improve my own skills, but the employees just used me to bring them coffee and that's all I did, so... yeah."

Chris looked at Hyunjin sympathetically. "That's kind of sad."

Hyunjin shrugged. "It's a flawed company anyways. I should've expected it."

The three villains approached the LeeCorp building, Hyunjin leading them in. Hyunjin spoke, voice above a whisper. "Follow me."

Hyunjin was right. As soon as they walked in, the building was filled with people that looked like tourists. Many families were there, kids running around with smiles on their faces, along with a lot of people that looked like tourists.

I mean it kind of made sense why so many people were there. Chris was pretty sure that all schools were on winter break which meant that people were going on vacation.

He was sure that these people wouldn't be smiling if they realized that the three most infamous villains just walked in.

Hyunjin led Chris and Jeongin over down a hallway that had literally no one in it, contrasting the main lobby area. "Over here has some elevators and a set of stairs that no one uses. Come on."

Chris followed Hyunjin down the hallway and up a set of stairs that was right next to an elevator. Jeongin huffed. "W-why c-can't we just t-take th-the e-elevator? Th-this is e-exhausting."

Hyunjin let out a short laugh. "Don't you want to get cardio?"

Jeongin grumbled. "N-no."

Hyunjin shook his head as he stepped onto the second floor. "We're literally here anyways. Besides, the elevator has unavoidable, close security cameras and that isn't good."

Hyunjin led the other villains down the hallway and turned into a random room without hesitation.

Chris followed. "What is this?"

Hyunjin walked in fully and sat down behind the desk that was sitting on the other side of the room. "These rooms here are smaller office spaces for management and marketing. You guys stay on the lookout, I'll try and find what we need."

Chris nodded and shut the door, him and Jeongin standing on either side of the door. "You think they noticed we're here?"

Jeongin shrugged, shivering unintentionally. "N-no idea."

Chris peered out the window on the door. "There doesn't seem to be anyone here."

Hyunjin was busy typing on the computer, muttering some words under his breath before looking up. "There isn't anything here with normal searching. I might have to write some code to read encrypted files because there are a lot of those hidden here."

Chris raised an eyebrow. "How much time would that take?"

"Not that long consid-"

Jeongin interrupted voice a bit frantic. "G-guys, th-there a-are a b-bunch o-of s-security g-guards coming. What d-do w-we do?"

Chris turned to look out of the window that Jeongin was peering out of before, spotting the said security guards. "How do you know that they're coming for us?"

"I-I don't kn-know, b-but why e-else would th-they b-be here?"

Chris continued to look and saw the guards come closer. "We should hide just in case they are looking for us. We can't let them find us here."

The trio scrambled to find hiding spots in the room, all of them somehow ending up under the desk that Hyunjin was working at. Hyunjin let out a quick, piercing "shh", the three going silent.

The only thing that Chris could hear was his heartbeat beating loudly in his ears. It was that quiet.

After what felt like minutes of literal silence, Chris spoke up in a whisper. "You think we're good?"

Hyunjin stared in the door's general direction even though he couldn't see it. "I don't know. I think so."

After a moment of wordless communication, the trio decided that it should be safe to come out.

Chris was about to crawl out from under the desk when suddenly the door creaked open.

A/N uh oh. whats going to happen next? ;)

unedited