Chapter Eleven

KimTech.

Chris' eyes widened slightly as he read over the logo a couple more times.

KimTech was gone for quite a while now. After Mr. Kim got executed, all of his employees (presumably) went into hiding or returned to normal lives, and all of the KimTech buildings got raided and destroyed. Most of the KimTech buildings were created to mass-produce all of his products and enhancements.

The number of weapons, power-enhancing drugs, and things of that caliber could probably grow an army.

This building that Chris just found, on the other hand, looks very intact. He wasn't even aware that KimTech even had a building in the middle of nowhere.

Nobody probably did.

Chris walked up to the side of the building, a bit cautious. Yes, he knew that KimTech was long gone, but the building looked as if it wasn't.

Garage doors lined one of the walls, the only thing that stood out against the monochromatic walls.

Chris used his telekinesis to open one of them, sneaking in before closing the door with a loud slam. The noise reverberated through the huge room.

Fluorescent lights began to light up the room, probably being turned on by some sensor.

The room that Chris entered was huge, it was clear that it was a garage to store large vehicles.

There was one small jet sitting in the far corner of the garage. Other than that, there were no other vehicles.

Curious, Chris walked up to the jet. The jet was a dark, shiny black color, the interior reflecting it. The wings had a layer of dust on them, clear that it hasn't been moved in ages.

Interesting.

Chris looked around the garage, eyes landing on some sort of hallway connecting to the garage.

Chris walked away from the jet and headed over to the hallway, the fluorescent lights there lighting up the bright white walls. The hallway had many metal doors lining the hallway in a uniform fashion.

It lowkey looked kind of like a prison or something.

Chris slowly entered the hallway.

He had no idea where he was going.

Chris stopped in front of one of the doors and decided to try and open it. The door opened easily, the doorknob creaking slightly, the creak echoing through the silent building.

Chris was a bit surprised. Did these doors not have locks?

Chris pushed the door open with his fingertips, peering inside into the dark room. The room didn't have automatic lights like the rest of the building, but a light switch was right next to the door frame.

Chris flicked the light switch on. 

The room was filled with a bunch of metal shelves, stacks of boxes on them.

It was some sort of storage room.

Chris walked up to the closest box and wiped off of a layer dust off of the lid.

It was clear that no one has been here in ages.

Chris lifted up the lid and peered inside.

The box was filled with a bunch of small bottles of some sort of pills.

Interesting.

Chris picked up one of the bottles, eyes reading over the small label on the bottom of the container.

It seemed to be something to relieve headaches.

Now, Chris was no expert or even a scientist for that matter, but that seemed quite strange. Who would store medicine in random boxes?

Chris put the lid back on the box and turned to another box, opening it.

This box contained a bunch of metal plates. The plates were quite thin, the silver metal shining in the light.

It was probably some sort of material.

Chris placed the lid back on the box.

What else was in this place?

unedited