Chapter Six

"Chan! Stop!"

Chris turned, locking eyes with Strike. "Minho?"

What the hell was he doing here?

Strike, like him, was wearing basically normal clothes. The two looked like normal teenagers.

Well, since everybody knew who they were they didn't really have to hide anymore.

Strike took a few quick steps towards Chris and stopped about two meters in front of him. "Chan, what are you doing?"

Chris scoffed. "Excuse me, what are you doing here? Leave me alone!"

Strike was about to protest, so Chris quickly lifted a car up with his telekinesis and threw it at him.

Don't be like Chris. Don't throw cars at your best friend, even when you're mad at them.

Strike quickly stepped out of the way, lifting a hand to incinerate the flying car with a beam of fire to nothing. "Chan, I just want to talk to you! Please-"

Chris yelled back, throwing another car at Strike. "Well, I don't!"

Strike dodged that car by inhumanely jumping over it's flying figure. "Please, Chan!"

Chris, ignoring Strike's pleading words, ripped a streetlamp out of the ground with his mind and threw it towards Strike.

Strike punched the incoming lamp, it being separated into two parts. In retaliation, Strike stomped on the ground, a crack appearing from where his foot landed.

Chris dodged the separating asphalt and lost balance, skidding to the ground while subconsciously gritting his teeth as his body collided with the rough, black tar.

Ouch.

After a few seconds, Chris managed to get up but was immediately kicked down by Strike's shoe. "Come on, Chan, can we please just talk?"

Chris swiped Strike's legs out from under him with his telekinesis, simultaneously rolling away from him. Chris then got up, legs shaky.

Strike immediately flew up from where he was laying down on the ground and landed on the asphalt on his feet quite close to where Chris was standing.

Time for some short-ranged fighting.

Chris threw a punch towards Strike's face, the said hero dodging out of the way cleanly and immediately countering with an uppercut causing Chris to stumble back. Chris regained his balance as quick as he could, and sent another punch with his other arm.

Strike, very precisely and professionally, blocked the punch with his forearm, sent an open palm to the side of Chris' face to stun him, and finally thrust his foot to the center of Chris' stomach, causing him to fly back to the now-familiar ground.

Strike did all of this in the span of about a second.

Honestly, Chris shouldn't be surprised since Strike was a famous superhero, but seeing a familiar face execute such fighting moves with such precision and accuracy was kind of a shock.

Chris' head spun as he tried to get up once again, only loosely seeing Strike walk up to him.

Through his disorientation, Chris heard the familiar once-comforting voice speak again. "Chan... please, all I want to do is talk. I can explain everything and... you still have a chance to change back to good, I-"

Chris squeezed his eyes shut and willed himself to get up, slamming his bare palm into the ground while doing so. Chris gritted his teeth as his oily, dirty blonde curls fell in front of his eyes as he looked up at Strike, already tasting the metallic taste of blood. Chris' voice came out gritty, dripping with bitterness and distaste. "I was never good in the first place."

Strike looked a bit taken aback. "W-what...? Chan-"

Strike's words got interrupted by something that Chris kind of knew was going to come.

The news have arrived.

Chris and Strike turned their heads to see a news van boldly come up to the scene, a reporter and cameraman jumping out of the back. The reporter began to speak.

Chris needed to get out of there.

He didn't want to be used for fucking entertainment, especially with his worst enemy.

Rapidly, Chris lifted four different cars and hurled them in different directions, one of them going towards the news van.

Strike cursed under his breath, immediately flying up to stop the cars from hurting anybody.

And that's when Chris did what he told himself he shouldn't do ever again.

He ran.

Chris sprinted off, running for quite a while. He passed so many streets before finally sliding into an alley to catch his breath.

What is he going to do now?

A/N Chris is missing something, isn't he? Any guesses? ;) (it's literally the most obvious thing ever like it's not anything deep so don't overthink it.)

unedited