Chapter 25

You'd finally found your true passion. Teaching and training the next generation was your calling and something you excelled at. Kylo couldn't have been prouder of you; seeing you happy and making a difference was all he wanted for you. He would take the time to come and visit your class when he had little work to do, something both you and the younglings enjoyed. 

The way he interacted with the children always warmed your heart; so gentle and understanding with them. Thoughts of him caring for a child of his own would spin around as you watched the kids listen in awe to every word he said. A gentle smile would grow on his face whenever you considered having a child, as if he was listening in on what you were thinking. But there were your duties and responsibilities to consider; neither of you had a lot of time outside of your work. You knew that a child would require a commitment that you just couldn't give right now.

Kylo always made time for you outside of his duties. Even though you were usually a part of those as well, he made sure that there were times you could both switch off and enjoy each other's company.

Things had changed since your injury in the barracks; being so close to losing you again ignited something in Kylo. He couldn't allow another real chance of you being hurt or leaving. Life would lose all meaning if you were to disappear, so he used every spare second tending to you.

Your birthday was coming up and the one thing you had requested was for the two of you to go back to the retreat on your home planet for a few days as a break from hectic imperial life. Kylo happily welcomed the idea, putting his energy into making plans to cover both of your responsibilities for a while so you could both get away without worrying. You were scheduled to fly out that afternoon, so spent the morning packing for yourself and your husband while he made his final checks around the command centre. 

The winter months had rolled in, so you tried to pack for warmth and comfort. Turning to the door you saw Kylo walk in, smile beaming as he wrapped his arms around you. His lips left soft kisses on your cheek as you continued to pull clothes from the wardrobe, arms holding your waist tightly. "Ready to go my darling? I can't wait to have you all to myself in front of that fire place. Have you, all to myself..." his teeth caught your earlobe, your eyes closing as your lip caught in your teeth, "no interruptions, no worries. I can have you however I like for as long as I like." He smirked and kissed your collarbone, teeth dragging over your skin as you hummed. 

"So that's why you want to get away..." you giggled and turned to face him, "not to relax, or to spend time with your wife for her birthday..." your hands rubbed up his chest, resting on the sides of his neck as he smiled down at you, "you just wanted to fuck as much as possible. Pervert." He laughed and rested his forehead on yours, one hand reaching up to cup your cheek while his thumb caressed your bottom lip. 

"What's wrong with that baby? You're telling me you don't like the idea of cumming, over and over for days..." His thumb pushed past your lips, resting on your tongue as your lips wrapped around the digit. "Doesn't my princess want to spend her birthday being pleasured as much as her husband can give, as relaxed and euphoric as possible." Your eyes closed as you relaxed into his touch, mouth sucking lightly on his thumb. He smirked and removed the digit from your mouth, attaching his lips to yours instead. Your hands tugged at his hair as his body pinned you to the wardrobe, your frame at the mercy of his touch. Your tongue slipped past his lips, gently lapping at his own as he moaned against you. Before you allowed yourself to get too consumed in the embrace, you pulled away and smiled. 

"I need to finish packing or we aren't going anywhere." He smiled and kissed your forehead before moving to sit on the bed.

You quickly worked to grab the last remaining items you needed, placing them in your bag and zipping it up all while Kylo sat admiring you from the bed. Once you had finished you turned and walked over to your husband, standing between his legs and placing your hands on his shoulders. "Are you staring at me sir?" your hands gently massaged his strong frame, fingers working into the muscles as a content hum fell from Kylo's lips.