Chapter 17

It was time; training had made you a formidable weapon, ready to be deployed. 

No longer were you just the sweet little companion of the emperor. You were his greatest triumph; his proudest achievement. It hasn't changed who you are, as your kind heart still shone through. But Kylo had helped you unlock power within that you had never known existed.

You were awoken by a soft kiss to your head; Kylo smiled and took your hand, helping you sit up as he sat beside you. "Good morning my beauty, how was your sleep?" He kissed your hand as you smiled and rubbed your eyes.

"What's got you in such a good mood, it's rare you wake me for anything other than sex or when you're trying to not kill someone." You giggled as he rolled his eyes and smiled at you.

"So funny, aren't you pet. How do you know I haven't woken you for those very reasons..." he smirked, eyes drifting down your body as his mind began to wander. You lifted his head with your finger and kissed him softly, pulling away after a second. He met your gaze, "the time has come my love."

You tilted your head slightly, a confused expression spreading across your face as you watched Kylo. The hand that had remained hidden to you behind his back came forward and your eyes locked on the object he was holding. "Your training is complete pet. It's time for you to stand forever by my side, in life and in battle." You straightened up and reached for the saber in his hand; it was smaller than his, perfectly shaped for you. Biting your lip as you studied it, fingers running along the grooves and buttons, your thoughts raced. Kylo watched you, smiling as you looked in awe at the weapon in your hands. "Crafted especially for you, my dear. Perfectly balanced, designed after my own. Using a crystal the Order has had hidden away for years. I always knew it would be used for a great warrior, someone who would fight for the new world with skill and honour. I'll admit, I never foresaw it would be my beautiful girl, but that fills my heart with such pride." Your eyes met his, an excited smile grew on your face as you leant over and kissed him.

"Thank you so much Kylo. This... this is incredible." Suddenly, a thought popped into your head. "So, if training is over... does that mean we can finally begin to plan the wedding?" He smiled at you and nodded, hands reaching for your waist as he lifted you onto his lap. You placed the saber on the bed, wrapping your arms loosely around his neck as your forehead rested on his.

"Soon, we will be one. Truly, one. You are everything I knew you could be and more, pet. The stars shine for you, the worlds turn for you. The universe shall bow down to you," he smiled, kissing your cheek and whispering your name softly. "My wife, my weapon... My beautiful girl." Your cheeks flushed as each sentence filled you with warmth. You could've stayed in his embrace all day, but a loud knock to the door broke your peaceful moment. The pout that formed made Kylo smile as he lifted you off and walked towards the door. You followed closely behind, and reached out just before his hand met the handle. "Darling, you're not wearing any of your armour. Let me deal with it?" He turned to you and smiled, nodding as he stood out of view in the walk-in to the side. Your chest swelled with pride as he trusted you to deal with whatever waited behind the door.

As you opened it, you were greeted with a gun pointed to your stomach. Your body tensed as your eyes moved from the gun to the face of the assailant. Thomas stood before you, blood dripping down his face from a gash to the head, eyes dark and sunken. Before you could speak, the gun drifted up and rested under your chin. "Where is he?"

You gulped and met his burning gaze. Kylo stood to the side, very aware of what was happening; calculating the best course of action as he remained undetected.

"He's... not here Thomas, why do you think I opened the door?" Your form slowly relaxed, a plan developing in your mind.

'Stay where you are Kylo... He's scared, he's weak. Let me draw him away from the door and into the larger room. I'll be fine, just stay out of sight because it's you he's after. Once he's in the other room, he will be exposed and we can take action.' Your mind was racing, hoping Kylo was listening in from where he stood.