Chapter 53.

Being powerful was addictive

Yoongi knew the feeling all too well.
It was among the things that motivated him to build his business empire from the start.
When he had money and power, he could get everything that he wanted or anything he wished to destroy.

It wasn't until he realized his feeling for you that he finally had to sort out his priorities.
He should have known better, not everything in this life could be bought with money or power.
It was a fucking cliche, but so true.
Something that his hyung probably would never agree with him.

He was sitting in front of Seokjin, inside his giant office room, facing the single window wall overlooking the view of the skyscrapers of Seoul city.
The massive mahogany writing desk had intricate carving on all its sides, the surface was smooth and flawless, with piles of folders stacked neatly at the corner, his laptop sitting at the table in front of him.
Built in to the wall behind the desk, a huge cabinet were installed covering the whole length of wall, with separate shelves filled with antique collectibles - urns, sculptures and weapons from different era of Chinese and Korean dynasties.
At the center of the cabinet, there was a display of calligraphy in hanja - challenge, strength and honor, encased inside a glass covered frame.

Nothing about Seokjin was mediocre, he always aimed for the highest in everything he could reach, sometimes Yoongi thought it had become a kind of addiction to the man.

Every friday, his hyung would always wore a hanbok styled suit, today it was all black color.
In the eyes of the outsider, he looked like the graceful heartthrob, very calm and polite, the CEO of KSJ Bank group.
Not many people knew about the amount of control and influence he had within the government and the South Korean economic system in its core.
The capital that his bank held probably could buy half of the country, hidden so well that only certain people knew about it.
He wasn't a mere banker like most people saw in his appearance.

Only the other six boys knew what kind of person Seokjin really was, behind the public persona as the mask that could fool everyone.

He could be cruel and heartless whenever needed, not even hesitated in destroying his own family if necessary.
Yoongi never had the nerve to ask him, about the rumor circulating within the high society, how Seokjin manipulated his way to take over his mother's authority within the family's company group, removing her from the board of directors, and in the end, she had to be satisfied with monthly allowance from his own son.
He had known about Seokjin's resentment towards his mother, but never imagined he would have the heart to do the kind of thing.

But he knew for sure, however odd it was, his hyung cared so much about the boys, he would never do things to hurt them.
At least, not intentionally.
The problem was, most of the time Seokjin's definition of showing his love and care to the other boys was different from their point of view.
That much was clear when he knew how Seokjin sent you away to make Yoongi focused on his work.