Chapter 70.

"I wish I can be more of help, but once the footage was deleted, it's impossible to retrieve

"I wish I can be more of help, but once the footage was deleted, it's impossible to retrieve."
He put the brown plain envelope on your lap, carefully regarded your face, expecting some sort of ire or disappointment from you.

Taking the envelope and pulled out the content, you were quite reserved, your gaze lingered for a moment to give a quick observation, before pushing the pictures back inside.

"Why do you need their pictures anyway? I can assure you, it won't be possible to get back the deleted scenes."

"I know. I will just resort to one last try."

His gaze at you was half pitiful, half indignant, weighed more on the resentment over the fact that after all the things that happened between you and Yoongi, you still couldn't leave the man.
Didn't you want that life you told him casually during the time of your confine and Yoongi was too busy to keep you company during the day? How you desperately wanted the existence outside the manor, the earthly world that was probably a foreign word to Yoongi.

But Jungkook also knew, he couldn't compel his way and rush the process, or everything would be ruined. A little bit patience is what he needed to secure his place in your life.

"The first seon meeting will be in six days." Closing your eyes, he saw you drew a tired inhale, before your eyes fluttered open and continued.
"If you really want to do this with me, I want you to meet him before that day, before he finalize the decision. You have to ask for his approval."

Your gaze at him was earnest, and Jungkook swore inwardly.
He would be lucky if Yoongi didn't beat him left and right, but in this case, evading your request would only lay a fragile ground on the relationship he had dreamed of, and he didn't want to start at the wrong footing.
Besides, he was sure of his chance in this matter and he would talk to his hyung - alright, but not before everything was settled between Yoongi and the woman.
He wasn't stupid.

Now that you asked him to, he had to think of a way to do your request while keeping tab on his chance.

In a way, it would be a good thing if Yoongi was aware of the affair, he could brace some punches or blows to his face, but he knew, his hyung couldn't do anything further, not when you give your consent over it. You held the upper hand now as Yoongi put you at his top priority, and Jungkook would make the most out of it.

If Yoongi chose to let you go, he had to bear the consequences. There would come the time when his hyung had to acquiesce your relationship with another man, it would be unfair to expect you stay unattached for years to come.

"I thought it will be on next thursday?"

You shook your head, while giving him a firm look.
"It will be on wednesday, Jungkook, please go to him before that."