Chapter 57.

"Are we expecting the boys?"You looked at the kitchen staff who were preparing additional table set up for three people

You looked at the kitchen staff who were preparing additional table set up for three people.

It had been a while since the last time you had dinner together with all of his group members in full formation, the last time was before he got shot.

"We will have guests join us for dinner. There has been last minute change of plan."

Yoongi sat at the left head of the table, leg crossed while his right hand was holding a clear glass filled with white wine.
Lately, wine had become a staple for him during meals and throughout the day, you started to worry if he had too much.

"Who are they? Your colleagues? You should have told me. I'm not presentable enough."
You looked at your clothes and winced.
A plain cream colored pullover with skinny dark jeans were not appropriate attire to welcome guests in a formal setting.

He took your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, his eyes took in your figure and lingered on your belly with a tender look.
"You look beautiful, always do."

Releasing your hand a moment later, he was back sipping the wine.
"Besides, I don't think these guests will care about your appearance."

You aimed your sight everywhere but his direction, afraid that he would realize how you tried so hard to calm yourself down.
It wasn't unusual for him to show the kind of gesture, but lately, everytime he made even the smallest touch, it would bring your heart to beat erratically.

Observing him, he was drowning in another reverie, again. He had been distant whenever he was with you, you could tell his mind was often somewhere else. Sometimes you sensed he was about to say something to you, but changed his mind at the last minute.

Your back was straightened when you heard approaching footsteps around the door. Getting up from your seat, you prepared yourself, while trying to get a glimpse of the guests.

You didn't have the chance to get a clear look when there was a rocket ball coming your way and launched itself onto you, hugging you on your waist.

"Aunty Yuri!"

You almost couldn't believe yourself to see who that was.

It was Ayumi.

Wearing a baby blue sweater with white denim and grey uggs, she giggled while looking up at you.
Her excited smile flashing her front teeth that was missing one of the upper incisor.

"Ayumi? Baby, how..-"

To say you were surprised was an understatement.
When you turned around, you saw your brother and Mariko standing near the door.
You hastily walked over to your brother and gave him a tight hug.

Yujun was only a few inches taller than your 5'3 frame, but his hug was something that could give you a sense of comfort and peace.
He wasn't only your brother, he was like your parents ever since both of them had gone.
Standing beside him, Mariko was observing both of you with a soft look, rubbing your back quietly.