Chapter 41.

You have always hated the smell of hospital

Somehow the mixed scent of disinfectant, bleach and pine sol combined with the ambience of plain white and pastel walls made your nausea even worse.
The last time you were in one was to confirm your parents' identity after the accident, so in general, hospital just gave you a bad vibes.

Even as luxury as this one.

Everything that happened after Yoongi got shot was passing in an indistinct flash of images, but the memory of him laying down bleeding on the floor was embedded in your mind, like a lingering nightmare.

All that time the only thing in your mind was...you couldn't lose him.
As much as you despised him, but he already became a permanent part in your life.
You didn't know what to call this feeling, just knew that you didn't want him gone just like that.

Sitting on one of the cushioned bench in front of the operating room, you wiped your face that you were sure, it looked like a total mess.

But you couldn't care less.

Not when you saw Taehyung, both hands on his head with bloodshot eyes, trying to keep himself calm while his brother was fighting for his life.
Next to him was Jimin seated on the same bench, talking to him in low voice.

Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok looked so busy, their phones have been ringing alternately non stop.

The TV that hanging on the ceiling at the corner of the waiting room didn't emit any sound, but you could read the news ticker under the image of the anchor.

Gunshot in Peninsula building, BTS CEO in critical condition.
Shareholders will wait for further updates following the anticipated fall of their stock price.

Ironic how when a person's life was on the line, it was the money that matter most in the end.

Jungkook sat next to you, holding your hand to give you some sense of peace along with the passing time you were waiting for the result.

It wasn't until two hours later when the head of surgeon emerged from the operating room, to announce the result.

All at once they were standing up and headed to him, you stood behind Hoseok to listen to the doctor.

"Surgery has been successful to remove the bullet, no major artery was affected.
The wound wasn't severe, but blood loss was excessive thus his body reacted by shutting down itself until a more conducive environment is formed."

"Will there be any complications?"
Namjoon asked the doctor, the haunting question that was probably in all of their mind.
Whether he would be able to survive and recover.

It was almost a pity look in the doctor's eyes, when he continued.

"Right now, he is in comatose state, and we won't be able to tell the prognosis until a few days ahead.
Our prediction is around a week to a month."