Chapter 22.

Seated on one of the stools at the bar, indignation mixed with confusion surged through you

You were still trying to piece everything about him together, the people that surrounded him, and the role that you played in his life.

Why he needed to force you to be with him, if he had a willing woman to throw herself on him?
You were sure she wouldn't be the only one.

And you were baffled as to why you had to be angry with him.
It couldn't be jealousy, you resented him too much that just a mere half an hour ago you were plotting your escape from him without a second thought.

But why it was hurt to see him with the girl?

You waved to one of the bartender.

"Do you have soju?"

He shook his head.
"Sorry."

Soju had been your favorite drink since you started to work at the noodle restaurant.
Your kind ex-boss often gave the employees free bottles of soju to bring home.

Tonight you were out of luck apparently.

"Two shots of Melon Ball please."

To hell with the rules and screw this dress.
For once after what felt like a lifetime you were having fun and wanted to wear something that you like, but even in that matter you didn't have the right to decide.

It was unnerving yet frustrating at the same time.

After polishing off two shots, you moved to the dance floor and blended yourself into the beat.
The smell of sweat and perfume whiffed around you, reminded you of your presence in the crowd.

You just had to savor the feeling.

Swaying your hip smoothly, you felt the euphoria along with the alcohol engulfed your brain.

Suddenly, you felt a hand on your waist, startled you from your stupor.

"Why...a beautiful woman like you all alone."

A man that you guessed was around his thirties, with blonde hair and average height, putting his other hand to your hips, whispering to your ear.
He probably looked quite fine if not for his hair drenched in sweat, and the strong smell of cigarette mixed with liquor wafted from his mouth.

You tried to pull away, but your mind was in a daze, you needed time to gather yourself or else you would collapse.

"Such a shame to leave a doll like you alone, hm?
Let me show you how to have fun."

His words sounded slurred and dragged, sign of his drunken state.
You tried to pull away but his hand gripped on your hip tightly, you could feel his nail dug into your flesh.
His hand moved from your waist and cupped your breast instead, his fingers found the spot of your nipple under your bra and made a painful pinch.