Chapter 39.

In so many aspects, Yoongi could see the similarities of characters between him and the old man who sat next to him at the rectangular table inside the big private room on sixth floor of Peninsula Hotel

Jeremy Ho.

A Hongkong billionaire who built his empire from the monopoly of gaming business in Macau.
Almost like his group, Hangseng group started small, focused in their gambling machines, while BTS started as trading company.

Of course the profit could not be compared, BTS being in South Korea where gambling was illegal, their pace of growth was slower compared to Hangseng group.

It was until Yoongi expanded the company's wings to various industries, mainly food, pharmacy, properties and automotive, they became one of South Korea's powerhouse, next to Samsung and LG.

Still, the temptation of fast and easy money was too great, hence they spread their business to Macau by taking over two casinos as their additional money machines.

Macau was the place where they got acquainted with Jeremy.

The man was almost seventy years old, he had lost some of his vitality, but not his business instinct.

When Hangseng tried to penetrate South Korea market, they didn't want to start small, and with their big name in Hongkong, Macau and China, they successfully reached an agreement with South Korea government, to build the Suwon satellite city, a big project at the vast land in Gyeonggi-do, comprised of a six level premium mall, two five star hotels with more than a thousand rooms, five area of luxury housing complex and a giant convention hall connected with a stadium.

An agreement which attached with one condition, a South Korean company would be the leader to work on the project, thus limiting foreign intervention inside the project.

BTS held biggest chance to come out as the winner, all thanks to the close connection between KSJ bank - Seokjin's owned chain of banks, with South Korea state of council.

Being the winner in the end, it was natural that BTS had expected to hold total control over it, with Hangseng group as passive investor.

That was where Choi Seung Hyun took the position as Bangtan's nemesis.

It was quite unfortunate for Jeremy, that among his four offspring, none of them could continue his legacy.

One of them became a university lecturer, two daughters settled as housewives, and the youngest son had nothing better to do than landed in bed with different women and spent a fortune on the gambling tables.

The man held great power in business, yet couldn't take a hold of his own children.
It was ironic.

Seung Hyun has been working for Jeremy as his right hand man for almost twenty years, he held quite influence in the man's business decision, filling the void that his heir were unable to fulfill.