Chapter 13.

There was a moment in your life when you thought you have lost all hope, when your fear overpowered your strength, and you believed that happiness was nothing but illusion

The night of the car accident, when your father tried to avoid a jaywalker and failed to slam the brake on time.
The car skidded sideways and hit a big tree with fatal impact, and killed both of your parents on the spot.

After their funeral, you didn't go out from your house for five days.
You refused to go to school, you didn't eat, only survived with water.
You didn't even use your phone, let the battery drained since day one after their funeral.

Then your brother barged in to your room, hugged you tight despite you tried to resist and push him away, and cried with you for hours until his shirt soaked wet and you couldn't shed any more tears.
Until you agreed to move in with him and Mariko.
Back then you still had him, you still had hope, and you knew you wouldn't be alone.

Now you found that the night you lost your parents wasn't the only moment when you lost your hope.
It was the moment when you realized that means might betray the outcome, that no matter what you did, you would have to yield to him.
And you probably would lose the only person that gave you strength and hope.

You laid on your side, with quilt covering your naked body up to your chest, grasped to the fabric till your knuckle hurt.

You gazed at him, stood calmly buttoning his shirt and fixing his collar.

You didn't cry, surprisingly, you could even say that you were more of resigned during the whole affair.

It wasn't the pain, it would be a lie if you said you didn't feel the sexual pleasure at all.

At one point you didn't even care anymore if someone saw you both, you just tried not to dwell in your anger and reach whatever it was you could take.

The worse feeling was the thought of being powerless, knowing that there was nothing you could do to escape from his grasp.
Either you gave in, or he would keep testing your patience until you reached your limit.

You weren't stupid, you knew exactly what he meant and the consequences entailed, that the things he said weren't a mere bluff.
And it would be simple, had it not for the sense of fairness that you just couldn't let him to get what he wanted without a fight.
It was too difficult for you to blindly accept.

Yoongi sat down next to you, pressing his hands on both of your side, caged you in.

You refused to look at him, still facing to the side, and closed your eyes, hoping that he would get away from you.
But he held your chin instead, tilting your face so you had no choice but to look at him.

He leaned forward, and kissed your lips, a deep kiss that probably would make butterflies flutter in your belly, if only you were not in this kind of situation with him.

He gazed at your eyes with unreadable look, touching your earlobe with his fingers.

"You need matching earrings, I'll order it for you.
Tomorrow my private GP will come and prescribe suitable form of birth control.
I will be away with the boys for the whole day.
I'm sure you know what you are not allowed to do."

He stood up, took his phone from the nightstand and walked out from the room.

When the door was finally closed, you let out the tears that you had been holding back for long.

You were awake at four am, after a restless sleep and a period of toss and turn on the bed.
The view of the ceiling looked like it had glowing spots in the darkness of your room, probably the effect of your tired eyes.

You stared in the blank for quite a while, until you could see the orange hue of sunrise seeped through the thick ivory curtain.

Your mind wandered far away from the confinement of his mansion, to your apartment, your brother's house, trying to recall all the details and moments that you have been through there.

Were all hope really lost?

Were there really nothing that you could do?

Should you just give in and come to term with your new life?

But you never regard yourself as a quitter. No matter how hard the challenge was.

You closed your eyes, tried to blink back the tears, it was useless to cry over something that you had no power to decide for.

You shoved the quilt away, brought yourself to the bathroom and switched the light on.

You squinted to adjust to the sudden brightness.
When you saw your reflection in the mirror, you couldn't help but scrutinized your face and your naked body, only in red lace panties.

What was it with your face that attracted him to you?
From scale of one to ten, you would presumably scored seven, eight at maximum.
Above average, but for Yoongi, his options probably between nine to ten.
You couldn't say your body sexy either, not like Yejin that had curve and extra flesh on all the right places.

Would he be bored with you eventually, and set you free?
Just like that girl in the painting.

You touched the necklace that Yoongi put on your neck.
You knew nothing about jewellery, but it looked pretty expensive.
Yoongi said he would order the matching earrings for you.
He seemed like someone that wouldn't hesitate to spend money for his woman.

Maybe you could ask your brother to move to another city, or another country.
Definitely another country.

From what Solar told you last night, Yoongi had businesses in several cities, which meant he was quite influential in lots of places, scattered throughout South Korea.
It would be difficult to hide from him when he had eyes everywhere.
Moving to another country would be the only sensible and safe move.

It would need lots of money, but if Yoongi would willing to splurge on you, you could put up a saving, and in the end, help your brother to flee from their surveillance.

Then you could plan your escape after your brother goes out of his touch.

First thing first, you need to get yourself familiar with this insanely huge house.