CHAPTER 4

Aahil was seated in his office going through a file when he heard the clock in his office strike. He looked at the time and realized it was 7pm and he needs to be home for dinner or Salma bi would have his neck. He quickly shut the file and placed it in his bag as he was gonna finish it at home. Aahil got up from his seat and walked out the door, down the elevator and out of his company building. He got in his car and revived the engine and hit the road. No matter how much work you have, you must be home for dinner. It was a rule his mother had set in the house cause she always said, 'A family that eats together, stays together.' To be honest, his mother had heard that from a TV series but she decided to follow it.

Aahil's deceased mother was an incredible lady. She kept the entire family and house binded together and not just father and son, but also the workers. She said they were just like extended family. She would always be happy and smilimg no matter what the trouble is as she said that, 'Being sad is not gonna solve a problem, so let's just be happy and positive about it.' Aahil smiled as he remembered his mother. Aahil was literally a mumma's boy. He was the apple of his mother's eye. He was so close to her that his entire world revolved around her.

It was like thunder struck on the happy house when she was diagnosed with a terminal sickness. The entire house did everything in their power to save her, from high profile doctors to praying with tearful eyes, they did everything but couldn't save her. The day she died was the day everything fell apart in the house. His father had started focusing too much on his work and neglecting a teenage Aahil who had also had to cope up with the death of his beloved mother. Maybe that's why he got attracted and infactuated to someone who showed him care and attention. 

Aahil shook his head as he didn't wanna go back and think about the past. He drove past the gates of his mansion and parked his car. He got out and walked towards the door when he heard laughter inside. He could recognize the laugh of Salma bi and Fazil chacha but another laugh was mingled with them. He stood outside for a bit hearing to the laughter. It has been ages since someone laughed so brightly in this house. After a moment, Aahil opened the door and entered. He looked to the sound of the TV and saw Salma bi, Fazil Chacha and his wife, Rayna, seated on the sofa watching TV. 

When they heard the door open, they all turned to look at the door. Salma bi quickly got up from the sofa and so did Faizal chacha, not because they weren't allowed to, but as a form of respect to the master of the house. Fazil Chacha and Salma bi had their smiles still intact but Aahil couldn't fail to notice that Rayna's smile was immediately wiped of her face. She also stood up facing him and but kept her head down. Aahil felt guilty that the smile was gone because of him but he didn't show it. He nodded his head at them and walked up to his room. He walked in and placed the bag on his bed.

Aahil's room had the same layout as Rayna's. He entered the bathroom and got changed. He came out in his sweats and t-shirt and walked down to the dining room for dinner. He sat on his seat and Salma bi started serving him. Aahil was surprised to see pasta for dinner. Salma bi cooked amazing food but she was more of the traditional thing like flatbread and gravies, cooking pasta was surprisingly new. Aahil was about to eat when he stopped and asked, 'Where is Rayna?' 'She has gone to her room.' Salma bi replied, 'Isn't she gonna eat?' Aahil asked. Salma bi smiled and replied, 'If you are so worried about her well being, then why don't you go and call her for dinner?' Salma bi suggests.

Aahil looked back at his plate and after a moment said, 'I am not worried, just asking. She can have it later if she wants.' Aahil said and started eating. He was surprised on the first bite cause it was delicious. Aahil didn't expect this to be so good. He enjoyed his dinner and took another serving, 'Dinner was amazing, Salma bi.' Aahil said and climbed up the stairs. He walked past Rayna's room and stopped in front of it.

He knew what he was doing to her was not right, but he was not the old Aahil anymore. He doesn't want to feel any emotion that would cause him pain ever again. He signed and walked away from her door into his room. Aahil was sitting on the bed, back rested on the head board and his legs outstretched with the laptop on his lap. He was doing his work in peace when he heard a knock on his door. Aahil looked at the door and frowned. He looked at the time to see its almost midnight. He had no idea what would Salma bi want at this hour.

He set his laptop aside and got off the bed. He walked to the door and opened it. He was surprised to see Rayna standing outside. She was fidgeting with her fingers and had her head held low. Aahil frowned at her, 'Do you need something?' He asked her. Rayna closed her eyes and exhaled. She looked up at him, straight in his eyes. Aahil was a little taken aback by the sudden contact. His heart beat was rising for some reason, 'It's okay if you don't want to be responsible as my husband...' she began. Aahil was shocked that she was okay with it but that's what he wanted, right?, '....but I came into this house as your wife, and I will be responsible for it.' Aahil was confused, 'What?' He asked her.

Rayna's expression suddenly changed into a smiling face as she stood straight and said, 'It's okay if you don't wannna be my husband, but I will be your wife.' She moved her face closer to his and his breathing stopped and his heart, it was running a marathon, 'Deal with it.' She said and gave a full blown smile and walked away. Aahil stood motionless with the door ajar.