CHAPTER 21

Rayna was staring at Afina with owl eyes, big and wide. Afina had just informed her that someone had sent her an alliance and today, they were coming to see her. Afina was dressed pretty in a not so grand turquoise sharara with white accessories, 'So, that's why you asked me to dress up a bit. We are almost wearing the same kind of dress.' Rayna was dressed in a lightest form of beige sharara with just white metal bangles and bracelets, 'But how is this a "Life and death" situation for you?' Rayna asked, air quoting.

'You know how my beauty salon has just picked up pace, and if I get married, God knows what will happen? If they will let me continue it or not?' Afina stated her worry, 'You can just ask him that, right?' Rayna suggested, 'What if he says No? I can't let that happen. That salon is my dream.' Afina said, ' but what if he said yes?' Rayna asked, and Afina felt silent. After sometime, Afina shook her head, 'Not at all, I don't want to take chances. I'll make him reject me, they say that first impression is the best impression, but that guy is gonna get the worst first impression.' Rayna sighed as she saw Afina's evil look.

This girl is not going to listen to me. Let's just hope that things go as plan.

The ringing of the bell is heard and Rayna and Afina flinch. The door to the room is opened and Afina's younger brother's head pops in, 'The grooms parents are here.' He said, 'And the groom?' Rayna asked, 'What's with this "Groom" thing? He is not my groom yet?' Afina says, huffing, 'Yet!' Afina's younger brother teases. Afina looks around and throws a comb at her brother, which he dodges by closing the door and reopens it to say, 'And the Groom, will be here soon with his friend.' Emphasising on the word Groom, and shut the door.

Rayna turns to look back at a fuming Afina, 'I'll make sure he rejects me.' Afina says with determination. Rayna shakes her head at her friend, 'By the way, how are things with your husband? I notice a ring on your finger.' Afina says, wiggling her brows. Rayna looks at the ring and smiles, which was replaced by a heavy sign, 'Uh Oh, I don't like the sound of that sigh.' Afina says. Rayna looks up at her with a sad smile, 'I don't know. I think that we finally made progress to later find out it was only my assumption. He is so cold, I sometimes feel I might catch it. And this ring.....' Rayna looks at her ring, '....was a gift from our tour guide.' Afina scoffs, 'Even a stranger knows to show affection. You know what, just go marry the tour guide. Was he hot?'

Rayna laughs at her friend, shaking her head, 'Not happening and yes, the tour guide was hot! His name is Evan, and incredibly sweet too.' Rayna ended when the bell rang again, 'Looks like your groom is here.' Rayna teased while Afina held a scowl. There were two chairs placed in the room opposite to each other with a 3 foot distance. Rayna made Afina sit on one of the chairs and adjusted her dupatta. The door to the room opened and in walked Afina's liitle sister, 'Wow, looking good sis.' She teased, 'Shut up.' Afina retorted. Afina's sister laughed, 'The Groom is here and Rayna di, Ammi is calling.' She informed. Rayna nodded her head and was about to leave when Afina held her wrist, 'Don't leave me here alone.' She said.

Rayna freed her hand and said, 'Your condition was to speak to him alone with only your best friend and someone from his side around. So don't worry, I might be not able to keep my conditions sometimes, but I'll always keep yours.' Rayna points at the chair and says, 'When that guy rejects you, I'll be one of the proud witnesses.' Rayna assures her. Afina smiles at her best friend her beaming smile, 'No wonder we clicked, We think alike.' Afina said. Rayna laughed at her and out the room. Rayna closed the door behind her and walked over to Afina's mother, 'You called for me auntie?' Rayna asked her and Afina's mother pointed at somewhere. Rayna looked in the direction and her eyes went wide.

What in the world!!?

There, sitting on the couch was Rayna's husband, Aahil. Aahil's head turned and their surprised eyes made immediate contact. They just stared at each other in a trance. Aahil was the first to look away when the man sitting next to him, nudged him. Aahil turned to look at him and shook his head. Then the guy looked up at Rayna and a washover occurred on his face. He smiled at Rayna and waved his hand. Rayna frowned at the guy with confusion and turned to look at Afina's mother, 'He is the groom.' She whispered to her and Rayna nodded her head.

So, Aahil knows the groom.

'You didn't expect to see your husband here?' Afina's mother asked her and Rayna shook her head, 'Can we see the bride now?' The mother of the groom asked. Afina's mother walked forward and said, 'Yeah sure.' She turned to Rayna and signalled her. Rayna nodded her head and went forward, 'Assalamu alaikum, My name is Rayna and I am Afina's friend. Afina is in the room ....' But Rayna was interrupted, 'Of course, we know you Rayna. You are Aahil's wife.' The grooms mother said with a smile. Rayna gave an awkward smile and glanced at Aahil to see him flustered aswell, 'What a coincidence to see you here.'

The parents of the groom stood up and walked over to Rayna and said, 'So, will you take us to our future daughter - in - law?' The grooms mother asked, 'Yes, this way.' And Rayna led them into the room were Afina was, impatiently, waiting. Rayna went to stand behind Afina's chair as the grooms parents met her, 'Assalamu alaikum, Afina dear. My name is Rizwana, I am Lutfi's mother. This is my husband, Aasif, also Lutfi's father.' Afina wished them back. Rayna smiled at her friend when she felt eyes on her. She looked up to catch Aahil's eyes, who was also standing behind a chair, on which the guy sitting next to him sat.

Rayna looked away when the groom's mother spoke again, 'And that man, is my son, Lutfi Hussain.' Rayna and Afina both looked at Lutfi, today's victim of Afina's wrath, 'I really love the girl. Now, we'll leave you two along with your friends here. Chat for a while and we'll see you soon. And having a married couple giving them company, leaves me assured.' The Grooms mother said and left along with her husband and Afina's family.

I won't be so sure about that, Auntie.

The door closed leaving four people within. Aahil and Rayna stood their awkward while Lutfi was staring at Afina with a serious look and Afina, she was glaring at Aahil. Rayna noticed that and bent down to Afina's ear, 'You are glaring at the wrong man.' She whispered to her, 'Oh, I'm glaring at the right man, alright. I wish I could focus my two eye balls glaring at two people but that can't be done so I am focusing it on one while keeping two in mind.' Rayna signed while Lutfi held a smirk and Aahil a shocked face. Yup, Afina said that out loud.

'Let's get over with this.' Afina began, 'I had many reasons to not like you but the biggest on of them all just showed up before me in person, Your friend.' Afina said, looking at an arrogant looking Lutfi. Aahil scrunched his eyes with confusion and looked from Afina to Rayna, to find her massaging her temple with her eyes closed.

This is gonna be a much remembered alliance meet.