CHAPTER 45

Aahil opened the door to his room and saw Rayna reading one of her novels. He walks to his cupboard, takes out his night wear and into the bathroom to get changed. He comes out all ready for bed. His heart was beating a thousand times as he walked towards the bed and to his side. He sat on the bed, not facing Rayna, and just sat. It was not the first time they were sharing a bed thinking about the time in Switzerland but somehow, this felt different.

Don't think too much. We are just going to sleep beside eachother.

And wake up in each others arms the next morning.

Shut up conscience.

Aahil placed his legs on the bed and under the duvet and accidentally, they collided with Rayna's legs, that were also under the duvet. The collision of legs caused a sudden jerk in both of them as they moved their legs away immediately. Aahil's heart was winning marathons after marathons now. He glanced at Rayna to see her staring into her book or more like just a particular area. Aahil got worried.

Is she finding it hard to read and decipher words or letters?

'Are you okay?' Aahil asked and Rayna jerked again and looked at him, 'Huh?' 'Are you okay?' He asked again. Rayna placed her book on her lap and looked at him, seeming nervous, 'Yeah. Why do you ask?' 'You were staring at a particular spot in your book for so long. So, I thought if you are having problems reading. I mean, the doctor did say you'll face some difficulties, so....' Aahil was rattling at this point, 'Aahil.' Rayna called his name so softly that Aahil almost melted, 'Yeah?' Aahil squeaked out and later got embarrassed for it.

'I'm absolutely fine, relax.' She assured him, 'Then, why were you staring at a particular word for so long?' Aahil enquired. Rayna blinked a few times trying to form words, or more like an excuse, 'I.....I was thinking. Yeah, thinking.' Rayna told him, 'What?' Aahil asked. Rayna licked her lips and Aahil's eyes landed on her lips, 'That...collision....' Rayna began and Aahil kept staring at her lips, 'Collision...' he also repeated, 'That collision of meteors in the space might be so fantastic. I would like to see one someday.' Rayna blurted out. Aahil looked back at her face with etched eyebrows, 'What?'

'Yeah, I mean. It was a great discovery by scientists so, they must have seen one happen right. It would be so cool. I want to watch one in real life.' Rayna kept adding to her foolish words, 'You want to see a collision?' Aahil asked, 'Yes.' Rayna replied, not making eye contact, 'In space?' 'Yeah.' 'Rayna, you do know that it is very hard to book a ticket in a space shuttle, right?' Aahil told her and Rayna looked at him confused, 'Huh?' The couple just stared at each other with amusement and later burst into giggles at their stupid conversation just now.

'I'll switch off the lights.' Aahil said and did so. The couple lay down staring at the ceiling and would once in a while giggle thinking of their conversation. They turned to look at each other, all smiling and unknowingly, the awkwardnesd vanished in thin air as they fell asleep.

Good Night.

Aahil opened his eyes to see the wall. He blinked a few times before stretching his limbs and while he was doing so, his hand collided to something and, 'Aah!' Aahil heard. He immediately looked the other way to see Rayna holding her bandaged head. Aahil's eyes grew wide and he looked at his hand when the situation sunk in. He half sat up alarmed and looked over at Rayna, 'Oh my God, Rayna! I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Stupid question, Aahil! Of course, she is not okay! That's why she yelled in pain! You idiot! How could you so carelessly stretch like that with your injured wife beside you!? Now, look what happened. She's in pain!!! Oh god! What if I ruptured her injury or something? What if....' Aahil began scolding himself as he examined Rayna who's eyes were tightly shut due to pain, but she couldn't help but let out a painful snicker on hearing her husband scolding himself.

Aahil stopped his blabbering on hearing the snicker and looked at Rayna, like really looked. He was above her, supporting himself with one of his elbow and the other hand softly placed on Rayna's bandaged head. Just then, Rayna opened her one eye and peeked and on seeing Aahil above her, completely opened her eyes and looked. The pain, blabbering, snickering, everything forgotten. Just the couple, looking at each other, with love, adoration and desire.

And as always, their moment was interrupted with a knock on the door, 'Are you two up?' Came Salma bi's voice from the other side. Aahil and Rayna blinked a few times before Aahil got off of Rayna and sat straight, and Rayna just looked away. A knock on the door came again, 'Yes, we are up Salma bi.' Aahil yelled, 'Okay. I'll come in after 15 mins to help Rayna freshen up.' Salma bi said as her foot steps faded away.

Aahil was fidgeting before he got off the bed, grabbed his work clothes and into the bathroom to ready up. When he came out, Rayna was sitting up but none of them made eye contact, 'I'll head over to the office to grab a few files after breakfast.' Aahil told her, 'Okay, bye.' Rayna said and Aahil was out the door. He let out a breath of air as he was out, 'Now, that was intense.' Aahil told himself,  'What was?' Aahil was startled on suddenly hearing a voice, it was Salma bi, here to help Rayna, 'N..Nothing.' Aahil said, adjusting himself and walking past Salma bi to have his breakfast.

Aahil opened the doors to his office room to see Lutfi sitting inside casually, like he owned it. Aahil walked over to his desk and started putting files after files inside his bag, 'Are you shifting your office?' Lutfi asked, 'Nope.' Lutfi was taken aback, '"Nope" with the popping "P". Well, well, I see that Aahil is back.' Aahil glanced at his friend and asked, 'What?' 'Ignore. So, if you are not shifting, Where are you taking all these files?' Lutfi asked, 'Home.' 'Why?' 'Because I want to be next to Rayna incase she needs me.' Lutfi nodded his head impressed, 'Presenting to you, "Hubby Aahil" who is doing a very good Hubby job.' Aahil rolled his eyes as he closed his office bag.

Aahil got in his car and ready to leave but the other side of his backseat door opened and Lutfi got in. Aahil gave him a look, 'I am coming with you. I need to also visit and see how Rayna is.' Aahil didn't know what to say so he let it slide. The car parked before Aahil's house and the men got out. They climbed up the few stairs and entered the house when they heard a loud shriek or shrieks of noise from upstairs.

The men looked at each other and without wasting a minute ran up the stairs. Aahil opened the door to his room saw two figures. Rayna laid balled up on the bed holding her head in pain while Afina soothed her back, calming her.

Rayna!!!