CHAPTER 52

Saliha Asad.

'Oh, So you are the sister of the man that gave Aahil his award, right? Or Am I wrong?' Rayna said and looked at Aahil unsure. Aahil looked at Rayna and smiled with a nod. Rayna smiled back and turned to Saliha who was looking between the couple, 'Yes, Zayn is my elder brother.' She told looking at Rayna then shifted her gaze back to Aahil, 'I was looking forward to meeting you, Aahil. After Zayn told me that he'll be presenting you the award, I was even more excited for your achievement.' Saliha told him with a pleasant smile and adorance in her eyes. But Aahil just gave her a stiff nod.

Rayna could sense a heavy tension all of a sudden and looked between her husband and Saliha, 'I think, I should excuse myself. Lutfi must be waiting for me. You two carry on.' Rayna said and was about to pull away but Aahil's grip on her waist tightened, and Rayna felt butterflies in her belly. She looked at Aahil who was already looking at her with an intense look, 'Stay.' Was all Aahil said and Rayna mindlessly nodded.

Saliha coughed a bit and the stare between the couple broke and Aahil felt annoyed, 'I'd like to speak to you in private, Aahil.' Saliha said, side eyeing Rayna and Aahil's hand on her waist, 'Go ahead.' Aahil said, still not letting go of Rayna. Rayna could feel the uneasiness Saliha was feeling and got the hint, 'I need some water.' Rayna said and she took Aahil's hand off her waist. Aahil was about to whine but Rayna gave him an assured smile and excused  herself.

Aahil saw his wife dissappear in the crowd as he turned to Saliha with a bored look, 'I know you have no interest in talking to me but please hear me out.' Saliha spoke. Aahil nodded and indicated for her to continue. He just wanted to get through with this and go to his gorgeous looking wife, 'What happened......shouldn't have happened....and I know no apology of mine is going to change what happened and how I made use your emotions.....' Saliha began as she seemed very anxious and hesitant. But Aahil cut her off in the middle, 'If you are trying to justify what you did and why you did and end it up with an apology, then I suggest you stop right there.'

'I know you haven't moved on from what has happened so maybe what I am going to say will help you move....' Saliha stopped as she saw Aahil let out a snicker, 'You think I haven't moved on?' Aahil looked dead in her eyes and Saliha was taken aback, 'Well, you need not worry cause I have moved on.' And Saliha felt those words to be a slap on her face as she clenched her fists.

'And I suggest you stop worrying about me and look after yourself. Cause I wonder what would happen to you if your brother found out what you did trying to help him.' Aahil smirked at Saliha and turned around to leave. Saliha felt fire burn in her, 'I wonder how your wife reacted when you told her about your past.' Saliha said. Aahil stopped in his steps as he slowly turned around to see Saliha with menace in his eyes. Saliha smirked as she moved forward, 'Oh, I guess you haven't told her yet. She seems kind and innocent and pure. I hope it doesn't break her heart.' Aahil clenched his fist and tighted his jaw as Saliha moved even closer to Aahil as she spoke in his ear, 'I'll be here if she leaves you, Aahil baby.' Saliha said and walked past Aahil.

A thousand thoughts were running inside Aahil's head and it all revolved around Rayna and his past. Aahil wanted to go all hulk and rage around as he clenched his jaw and fist. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and started walking towards there table. He saw Rayna and Lutfi seated and talking happily. And once he saw his happy Rayna, his inner whirlwind calmed. As he reached his table, Lutfi got up from his seat and hugged Aahil and patted his back, 'I have never been happy on losing to someone.' Lutfi told him. Rayna just smiled at their friendship, as Aahil sat down and mindlessly placed his hand on Rayna's which was under the table and squeezed it. Rayna went rigid for a moment but then calmed.

After dinner, everyone went home. On their way home, Aahil kept his gaze out the window and his hand enclosed over Rayna's. He could feel Rayna's constant glances over him but he refrained from looking. Once they reached home, Salma bi and Faizal Chacha came and congratulated Aahil. They spoke for sometime and later went up as they excused themselves. Aahil opened the door to his bedroom and let Rayna enter first and then him as he closed the door behind them.

'Rayna.' Aahil called to her as he placed his award on the dresser, 'Yeah?' Rayna replied as she took out her clothes to change, 'The doctor said that you can do heavy activities now and that sudden movements will not cause you any pain. Is that true?' Rayna closed the cupboard and replied, 'Yup! I ran all the way back stage to see you while bumping into people and it didn't effect me so yeah, Not a problem.' Rayna told him. Aahil nodded as he loosened his tie and took it off, unbuttoned his top few bottons, undid his hand cuffs and took off his watch, 'And you know what else, I am not bald anymore, it's more like a bob cut now. Soon, my hair will be...' Rayna said as she took of her hijab and she placed it aside, a hand grabbed her elbow and pulled to rest her back on a nearby wall.

Rayna stared wide eyed into Aahil's intense eyes as he looked down at her. His right arm rested above her head on the wall and his left on her waist. His body leaning onto hers as his chest went up and down and his face just millimeters away from hers, 'Aa...Aahil.' Rayna stuttered her voice low, 'You have no idea how much I have controlled myself this evening.' Aahil said, staring at her lips, 'Aahil...' Rayna said his name again, now she, staring at his lips, 'And now, my control has reached its peak.' With that said, Aahil slowly places his lips on Rayna's and presses then with his. Rayna closes her eyes as the couple stayed that way for a few minutes.

Aahil then started to move his lips against Rayna's and Rayna followed. Aahil took Rayna's hands and placed them on his shoulders and Rayna snaked them around his neck. Aahil pulled Rayna closer with his hands around her waist as their kiss deepens with their bodies stuck to each other. The kiss deepened along with the growing night.

Now this, is a perfect Awards night.

_________________________

Dear Reader's,

Really sorry for taking such a long break. Alhamdulillah, I am doing fine and my health is in check.

Just got a bit busy with life and other responsibilities. Sorry for making you wait and causing worry.

I wish you all good health and good happenings in life and I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Thank you.