CHAPTER 39

'Congratulations, Shazra!!' Rayna wished her friend as she and Afina went on stage to wish her. Rayna and Afina were dressed in the Gharara they had purchased with their better halfs, 'Thank you, girls. So happy you could make it.' Shazra thanked them, 'How could we not? The amount of times you've helped us during our exams dragged us here.' Afina joked, 'It was vice versa.' Shazra added laughing along with the girls.

'Just a heads up..' Shazra whispered to them, '...Aayat has come.' Afina immediately scrunched her nose in annoyance while Rayna just sucked her lips in, 'Why did you invite her?' Afina asked, 'I had invited our entire class. And for your information Afina, she is part of our class.' Shazra explained, 'Unfortunately.' Afina added and Rayna pinched her, 'Ouch! Don't make me the bad person here.' Afina told Rayna, 'And you don't be all goody. Remember how she always mocked you indirectly for under going a surgery.' Afina reminded her.

'Oh yes! After that, almost the entire class was irritated by her.' Shazra told, 'I get it Rayna has a weak immunity but mocking it almost everytime.' Afina growled, 'She was lucky I didn't kill her that day. Ugh!! I still get so pissed thinking about it.' Rayna soothed Afina's back to calm her down but even Rayna felt a tad bit murderous at the remembrance of that day.

Flashback

'Hey, Rayna. I heard your parents are lookkng for an alliance for you?' Seema asked. Rayna was shocked and she immediately glanced at Afina who looked away immediately.

This girl!
Nothing stays in her belly!

Rayna looked back at anticipating Seema, Shazra and Devi. Rayna nervously laughed before saying, 'Yeah, but nothing has been confirmed yet.' 'Oh, don't worry. Your prince charming will come for you soon.' Devi joked, 'Yes, and on a white horse.' Shazra added doing horse riding movements. Rayna couldn't help but feel extremely shy and embarrassed, 'Oh look, the hopeless romantic is getting pink.' Seema teased as Rayna hid her face in the bag on her lap and the girls laughed at her.

'What's all the fun about?' They heard the voice of Aayat. The girls looked up from their seats at her, 'I was just passing by to get some air and couldn't ignore the fun on this table.' Aayat said in a monotonous voice. The girls looked among eachother as Devi replied, 'Oh nothing much. Just teasing Rayna.' 'About what?' She asked again, giving Rayna a straight smile, 'Get a hint when people don't want to say anything.' Afina whispered next to Rayna but Rayna slapped her thigh, unnoticed by others.

'Uhh...Rayna's family is looking for an alliance for her. That's why we were teasing her.' Seema said and Afina glared at her to which Seema just mouthed, 'What?' 'Oh really.' Came an over excited voice. Rayna looked up at Aayat and she felt like a prey under her gaze, 'So, has anyone been confirmed yet?' She asked Rayna with her sugar coated smile. Rayna sat straight as she replied, 'Uh, Not yet. My parents are still looking.'

'Still looking? But for your beauty and brains anyone would be ready to say yes.' Aayat said and Rayna just nodded her head smiling, 'Oh wait, Maybe you might have got rejected but your parents hid it from you.' Aayat says with fake surprise in her voice, 'But why would anyone reject you? You are so beautiful, innocent and intelligent. I wonder why?' Aayat made a thinking face. Now, everyone wanted Aayat gone as soon as possible.

'Oh yes!' Aayat stamped her hand, 'Maybe because of that big scar on your chest.' She said and Rayna's blunt smile also dropped, 'You know, the one that is permanently left on your chest after your surgery.' Aayat pointed out and Afina was about to give her a piece of her mind but Rayna held her hand, 'You know, I heard that the Halwai across my house also is looking for someone for his son. Should I send him your alliance?' Aayat asked, mockingly.

Rayna smiled at her a genuine smile and said, 'Sure. I'll send you my mother's number, you can forward the details to her.' Aayat's smile dropped, 'What?' She asked, 'Yeah, if the alliance is nice, my parents will take it forward.' Rayna explained as she pulled out her mobile, 'You are okay marrying a Halwai's son?' Aayat asked, 'What's the problem in that?' Rayna asked, 'I mean, he is the son of a man who makes and sells sweets for a living.' Aayat explained, 'So?' Rayna asked, 'I mean, the money he makes out of sweets is what he lives on, and so will his son.' Aayat explained more, 'Your point is?' Rayna asked still not getting her point.