CHAPTER 51

Okay, Rayna. Calm, Calm, Calm...

Rayna kept chanting that as she patted her heart that was showing no signs of calming down. Rayna's mind subconsciously went back to how Aahil helped her with her dress and the pace of her heart increased a mile.

Oh God, this is nowhere near ending.

Rayna held her cheeks as they were growing pink. The door to the bathroom opened and Rayna immediately stood up from the bed she was sitting on and turned away from the door. She couldn't face him.

Especially not with this face.

Rayna looked around to spot anything that could keep her occupied, when she noticed her dupatta. She stumbled over to the side of the bed and placed her dupatta over her left shoulder and became busy pinning it. She could feel Aahil moving around the room.

Probably putting his watch on, then the cuffs, now he'll stop for some perfume.

And just as Rayna thought that, her nose was graced with the fragrance of his perfume. Spending so much time together in the same room, Rayna now new all of Aahil's routine, his little habits he does when he is angry, anxious, tensed or annoyed. She felt like a wife.

His wife.

'Need help with that too.' Rayna heard Aahil say near her ear and she jolted out of her la la land. She immediately turned around and took a few steps back as she faced him, 'N..No, I'm done.' Rayna said. Rayna blinked a few times before she looked at Aahil up and down. He was dressed in black pants, black shirt under a burgundy blazer and a burgundy tie. His hair jelled back well and his beard freshly trimmed and all in all he was....

....Handsome.

'Shall we leave?' Aahil asked and Rayna nodded her head, mesmerised by her husband. Aahil and Rayna walked down the stairs and Salma bi was in awe. The couple was twinning and they looked equally beautiful in their outfits and even more gorgeous together, 'We are leaving Salma bi.' Aahil told her, 'Have a wonderful evening.' She told her as they left the house and got into the car, 'Are you still not going to tell me where we are going?' Rayna asked him as the driver hit the streets, 'We are going to an award show.' Aahil told her and Rayna slumped back, 'I really want to know where we are going but you just won'.....Wait what?' Rayna looked at him and blinked.

Aahil looked back at her and smiled, 'We are going to an award show.' Aahil repeated his words. Rayna's eyes sparkled, 'An award show? Really!!' Aahil was happy Rayna was happy, 'Oh My God, I'll get to see actual stars and actors. Do you think my favourite Hero will be there too? I would be over the moon if I saw him.' Rayna let out a shrill of words and Aahil's smile fell, 'Rayna...' he called his wife as she turned to him all excited, '....It's a business award show. Only the people from the business world are invited. So,...' And Rayna continued as her bubble popped, 'So, No favourite actor?' Rayna said and Aahil nodded his head. Rayna slumped back in her seat disappointmented.

The car came to a halt in front of a red carpet and paparazzi. Aahil got out first and walked over to the other side to open the door for Rayna. Aahil opened the door and lent his hand to Rayna who looked at him nervous. She didn't want to face all those cameras but as the wife of a successful businessman, she has to. So, she took a deep breath and took Aahil's hand and got out of the car with great grace and confidence. Aahil closed the door behind her and Rayna looked up at Aahil as he held a proud smile on his face.

Aahil gave Rayna his arm and she held it and they walked together on the carpet as many questions kept coming to them. They walked till the end of the carpet and stood before a decorated wall that was facing many flash lights and cameras. Rayna and Aahil stood before the wall and posed, 'Don't panic, just look at the cameras and smile. You look gorgeous today.' Rayna heard Aahil say to her and she immediately looked at him and so did he and they smiled, 'Mr. Zafar, over here.' 'Mrs. Zafar, smile here.' 'One look here please.' And after many pictures, the couple walked into the venue.