V. Decisions

> F/A - Favourite Animal

"What if I don't want to?" I crossed my arms, unsure if what I was doing was smart in any way. He seemed like someone I could reason with...

"Rebelling against me will do you no good, so you should just behave F/A 01." His stare grew darker, just like the moment before he hit the back of my neck. This was what being the prey felt like.

My eyes fell on the worn-out black car, the top taxi tag was no longer there. I cringed, imagining Falco's loud complaints and whines. I had more stuff to worry about now, sarcastic remarks could get me in trouble...

"A taxi driver that doesn't like driving..." I jumped at the proximity of the dangerous man, scurrying back until I hit the car. Why was I here? Why was I alive? What did this man want? Shaken, I took a deep breath, something in the back of my head screamed to snap back but this wasn't the time to be cocky and no good reply came to mind. "Let's have it this way, you won't survive to reach the destination. Do you wish to proceed, or would you rather die now?"

Dying now... Dying later... this was such a simple question, my eyes widened and my lips parted, "I'd rather die later." After all, that was the choice we always took. What else could I do? If I can delay it, I will. If I had to pick between being run over by a car or waiting for a safe time to cross the street, that was the obvious choice. We always delay death, we always push it for later as with most choices on our sad lives.

Why would it be different now? If I was going to die before I got to the destination, that meant that as long as I managed to escape before that... I'd still avoid it. He chuckled, I tilted my head, why would he ask such a question?

"Well then, you're driving, F/A 01. Whether you like it or not, your fate was never on your hands to begin with." My eyes narrowed, no words left my lips, I shook my head and headed to the front of the vehicle. The metal burnt my hand when I pulled the handle, I sat on a blazing hot seat and felt a curse leave my lips. I had to force myself to close the door, I cursed the seven seas as I gazed at my long-sleeved white shirt, that is before I realized it was a blessing in disguise. I pushed the sleeves over my hands, touched the steering wheel carefully, it was too hot.

The front passenger's door opened, the Spider sat next to me, seemingly unbothered by the heat. His greyish eyes landed on my weak attempt at grabbing the wheel, he snickered before leaning back, his dark hair covering his eyes as he commanded. "Start the car."

I rolled my eyes, stepped on the clutch hard and twisted the key, the car whined, nearly dying before his sound became stable. I released the handbrake and stepped on the gas pedal. I held my tears in as my hands felt the pain of turning all the way, a sob escaping my lips when the car finally left the gravel and met the smooth worn-down road. He sighed before his calm voice met the stale air. "East is the other way."

"Can't I go home and pack first?" I whispered, feeling the dread of a long journey ahead.

"No." He leaned towards me, "There's no need for that."

"What if I left the oven on?" 

His pale hand caressed the handbrake. I had been splitting my attention between the road and him, the road didn't matter anymore, I stepped slowly on the brake. I glimpsed at the rear-view mirror before sighing, grabbing the scorching wheel and pulling it all the way to the right. The car swerved a little, the poor tires had seen too much road. We were heading in the right direction now, my grip loosened, clothed hands simply hovering over the wheel, adjusting it whenever there was the need to.

The straight road stretched ahead, running between two large seas of trees. Where was I going? Where was this destination I wouldn't arrive alive to? Was it close? If it wasn't, what would I eat?

I peeked at the priest, he was staring out the window, his arm supporting his head, no emotion displaying on his face. He probably had a plan. Would he tell me? I assumed not.

"A spider that doesn't have 8 legs." I whispered. Finally I had remembered a good comeback. I faced the road and a sign popped up, Fale. I had only been there once or twice. It was just a small town, nothing much happened there since all the fun was concentrated in Yorknew.

"Actually, I have 12." I glimpsed at him, his eyes were now on me, a weird smirk formed on his thin lips. I hummed, one more reason this man was crazy. Twelve-legged spiders, what a trip. "Stop at that gas station."

My eyebrow twitched, did he know I had no money to pay for gas? How would this go? "I don't have much money."

"Doesn't matter." He swung the door open just when I stopped the car by the fuel dispenser. "G'morning, good sir. Do you perhaps sell maps?" The spider nonchalantly walked around the car, paused to knock on the glass of my door.

I rolled the window down, it wasn't anywhere near a fluid movement. A sigh left my lips.

"Fill up the deposit, F/A~..." 

My eyes widened, but before I could argue with him he was already shaking hands with the elderly man.

"What a nice young couple." The old man seemed overjoyed, his wrinkly face scrunching further as he smiled and ushered the Spider inside. My hands rose to my temples, I rubbed them intensely as I left the car, picked up the fuel nozzle and filled up the tank.

For a few moments, I wondered if I should go inside the little shop, that's when I saw the old man fall on the counter and my travel companion picking up some snacks like everything was normal.

I felt the handle and sat inside the car, maybe I saw it wrong... Why was I turning on the car in a hurry? I wouldn't know... I thought about stepping on the gas pedal when the passenger door swung open and the spider sunk into the old seat.

"Good timing, F/A 01. Though I assume you thought about escaping..." He snickered, "What are you waiting for? You're an accomplice now."

Art by Soppaghetti -  https://soppaghetti

Art by Soppaghetti -  https://soppaghetti.tumblr.com/

> Author's Note: Hello hello! I have come to give you a new chapter... I'm sorry for the delay. (I know I'm always apologizing for this xP I can't help it)