Thoughts Ablaze- Chapter 36

“Hope, wake up” a familiar voice startles me tearing me from my slumber. I instantly sit up, my head hitting the top of my headboard; I raise my hands to rub the now sore spot of my head before rubbing my eyes and opening them to meet the owner of the familiar voice. There he is, stood in front of me as if he’d never left me, as if he’d never murdered my sister, as if he’d never tore me apart, Jai Brooks, my Jai.

“Follow me” he orders, I blink rapidly still convinced that this must be some kind of dream, what kind I can’t be sure. How can he be here? Why is he here? Where is he taking me? I have so many questions to ask him but right now he doesn’t seem as if he’s up for an inquisition. As he stands before me I can’t help but admire his appearance, he looks better than ever, his hair is pushed back his signature style and those mysterious brown eyes hold a beautiful gaze, his Cornelius glinting in the direct stream of sunlight blasting through my bedroom window. He’s wearing his usual black hoodie with army pants and a pair of timberlands, bastard probably traipsed mud in. The combinations making him seem even calmer and collected which makes me almost envious as I review my flustered state.

If the current situation were different I would run straight to him, push him down on this bed and rip off those clothes and dedicate every moment to making him feel good but given that I am doing my best to avoid him, or at least I was, I must refrain from any sexual thoughts towards this overly sexy man. I sit for a second continuing to admire his appearance, more unwanted questions pushing their way through my ridiculous thoughts.

“W-what are you doing here?” fuck Hope stop stuttering, it makes you weak. I find myself whispering as if someone could hear us.

“I want to show you something” he reveals, throwing me my denim jacket which I quickly shrug on and jump out of bed to grab my jeans. I don’t even know what I am doing, why am I obliging to his demands? What can I say; curiosity gets the better of me. Jai Brooks is not one of those ‘I have something to show you’ kind of guys, he won’t randomly whisk me off to show me something amazing, heck he never usually asks so I can’t help but be overly curious.

“Where are we going?” I ask I try to sound angry and confident but fail miserably. I can’t hide that I’m still happy to see him.

“Luke’s apartment” he says coolly, I choke as I swallow his words. I try to force myself to believe he’s joking but deep down I know that Jai doesn’t do jokes.

“Are you fucking serious?” I half laugh half gasp if the sound even makes sense. He can’t be serious, he can’t. He can’t torture me like this, he can’t torture Luke like this, he can’t torture us like this. I refuse to let Jai near Luke, I won’t let him hurt him again, he’s done enough to the man there’s nothing more that he could possibly take from him. Luke’s apartment burned down in the blaze that he afflicted, there’s nothing there for him to show me other than the rubble that consequently ruined my life.

“Luke won’t be there” he mutters as if sensing my thoughts, the disgust laced through his tone as his twin brothers name falls through his lips making my insides twist in the most unpleasant way. I’m conflicted between wanting to slap him and wanting to kiss him, I hate him for making me feel so inconsistent.

How dare he come in here as if nothing has happened, especially after he left that note that tore my heart into a thousand pieces and then have the audacity to rip me from my slumber and drag me to the hell where my love burned?  I know that he doesn’t like his brother but how can he speak of him with such disgust? All Luke has ever done is love him with an intensity that almost killed him.

“Okay” I huff in annoyance knowing that there’s no way I’d refuse the chance to be with him, even if this is the last time, even if this is going to be the most traumatising experience.