Shadow- Chapter 17 [Part 1]

“Jai Brooks”

As the words leave his mouth I am instantly paralyzed, my hand drops from Luke and I can’t seem to find the power to speak or move. Even though I am not capable to process any rational thoughts right now I am able to tell that he starring right at me, I can feel his eyes burning through the back of my head.

Luke’s hand fumbles to find mine again; I can hear his breathing increasing pace.

“Come on, let’s not give him the satisfaction of a fight” Luke says quickly intertwining our fingers and moving forward ever so slowly

I let my feet follow his movements and soon we were descending down the hallway. Luke’s hand lightly squeezed mine making me feel ever so slightly safer.

How did Jai know we were here? Why is he here? Suddenly I’m overcome with anger, the note he sent me this morning was a warning. Instantly I stop in my tracks and break my connection with Luke and turn around to face the evil son of a bitch.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” I almost scream earning myself several glares from families that are now passing us down the hallway

I begin angrily walking towards Jai; I am almost a metre from him when I feel a tug on my arm

“Not here, not now” Luke says sternly but with sympathy in his eyes

I’m caught off guard by his harsh tone that I find myself turning to him and giving him the evillest glare that I can muster

“Listen to your boyfriend, he knows what’s best” Jai throws his head back in over exaggerated laughter

A sarcastic grin rises on my face; I lock my eyes with his. Luke’s hand rubs up and down my arm

“You’re right he does” I smirk

I turn to face Luke and pull him down to me bringing my lips to his aggressively, our lips move together hungrily, I swipe my tongue along his bottom lip, and his mouth opens enough for me to slip my tongue in. I open my eyes for a few seconds so that they can set on Jai’s and can I sense every second of his discomfort. His expression wears one of anger and I can’t help but find satisfaction in hurt.

Luke brings his hands to my waist, he digs his fingers into my hips and I move my body closer to his. He clearly enjoys pissing his brother off as much as I do. His hands slowly move further down so that they grasp my ass.

I hear a cough beside me as a small family passes, their disgusted stares are enough to finally make me pull away from our intense make out session.

“You’re right he knows best, he does best” I quickly turn to Luke and give him a cheeky smile knowing just how angry it makes Jai

The images of Jai pleasing me sift through my mind as I reminisce the only good times we had together, they were twisted and only sparked by lust nothing more. They were nothing but extremely pleasing fables of my imagination, they were mistakes and lies that should’ve never taken place despite how good they felt at the time. The way his hands touched my body with such hunger and desperation sent me into a frenzy, he thrilled me and excited me but nothing more and now I hate him more than I’ve ever hated anything.

“Can he please you the way I can?” Jai’s voice is soft but full of deception

Luke’s eyes are suddenly wide and I realise that my indiscretion has been revealed. I turn to Luke quickly trying to fumble for words but my mouth can’t seem to form any, I was so caught up in angering Jai that I forgot that he had the power to completely wreck my relationship, I hadn’t ever thought to mention my intimacy with Jai to Luke. I never wanted to relive those memories especially to Luke, I wanted to feel special with Luke, I wanted to forget what ever happened with Jai.