42| House of Cards

"уσυ мυѕт ωαηт тσ ѕρєη∂ тнє яєѕт σƒ уσυя ℓιƒєωιтн уσυяѕєℓƒ ƒιяѕт

"уσυ мυѕт
ωαηт тσ ѕρєη∂
тнє яєѕт σƒ уσυя ℓιƒє
ωιтн уσυяѕєℓƒ ƒιяѕт."
— Rupi Kaur

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· f o r t y - t w o  ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Jimin's cherry-like lips curved into a soft smile once he watched you enter the visitors' cafeteria.

The smile failed to reach his eyes, though.

He soaked in your basic attire, comprising of a pastel pink tunic layered above a white turtleneck, matched with stockings. Your neon-blue strands were long gone, although a dull rackley color frequently glittered from the sunlight as you moved.

This wasn't the Y/N he knew. His sister would throw up her middle fingers at sophistication and walk however she pleased, not in the coy manner that you approached him at the moment. She would rather roam around in her towel than wear anything without combining a chic outfit.

He somehow wondered whether this was the real you, beneath all coats of boldness.

If that was the case; he wanted to free you.

Ten months, and he still could not bring himself to do it. Therefore, he chose to broaden his smile and force his eyes to light up.

"Hi." He put his arms around your shoulders - which, for some reason, felt less bony than the last time he visited - in a quick hug before pulling back.

"Hello," You mumbled before taking the seat across him. Jimin frowned at your lack of enthusiasm, even so it wasn't really surprising him any longer.

He did kiss Jeongguk.

"How are you?" He asked, resting his palm on his chin over the table.

You looked up, brows furrowing slightly as you noticed his sole presence, "Where's the other one?"

"What other one?"

"She said you brought a friend."

The ebony haired boy lifted an eyebrow, leaning into his chair whilst feigning confusion. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"So it's just you?"

"Is that not enough, you brat?" The boy found himself laughing toward the end of his sentence, feeling amused at your antics.

"No, that's not how I meant it." You shook your head, gaze lowering automatically, "I'm sorry if it came out like that, it's just that the nurse told me-"