8| What Am I to You?

"ραѕѕισηαтє ƒяσм мιℓєѕ αωαуραѕѕινє ωιтн тнє тнιηgѕ уσυ ѕαу

ραѕѕινє ωιтн тнє тнιηgѕ уσυ ѕαу."

—Erin

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· e i g h t ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

"No, no, no, no," Your eyes were agape whilst you watched your score go horrifically lower than your opponent's.

The red bricked, one-storey store situated eight blocks from your house occupied a successfully operating arcade - your and Jeongguk's trademark stress-alleviating spot.

Jeongguk's missing was missing his tail; the red-haired girl. Her absence did nonplus you for a moment, however you decided not mention the uncustomary show up.

"Well, well well," the hunky boy's voice dripped with ascendancy whilst he swept his brunette hair, "I won again. Guess who's going to do my homework for...I'm sorry, dear, I lost count."

You grimaced, throwing a glare upon his trembling lip tucked underneath his bunny teeth whilst suppressing laughter.

"Twelve days." You mumbled lowly.

"Didn't quite catch that." The bastard leaned forward, cupping the back of his ear and burning up all your patience within a single flame.

"Twelve days."

"Dear me, goodness gracious." You absolutely did not like the edgy change in his tone as he feigned all British, "Seems like you'll be having a pretty tight schedule." Something about his smug laughter caused your stomach to perform somersaults, even though nothing was in your favor.

You smacked his shoulder, finally wearing a defeated expression, "Let's just go home."

"Scared you'll lose again?" Complacency etched onto his wide smirk as the boy nudged you teasingly.

"No," You snapped. "Jimin's home alone."

"You're retiring to babysit him because you can't win against the king?"

"Fuck off."

"I'd love to see you lose again." The brunette finally gave in, stretching his arms out, "It gives me more homework-less days, but I guess it is kinda late."

You found yourself obnoxiously staring in his chocolate eyes, unable to express exasperation. Nothing went in accord with your senses when you'd came to face him. The night had elapsed quickly, too quickly. It seemed mere minutes ago an unexpected Jeongguk came to pick you up mere minutes ago.

The air was immobile, but that didn't make it less chilly. The lack of warmth pierced through your woollen sweater and harshly stroked the bare skin underneath it, resulting you to shudder.