31| Pied Piper

"ѕнσυℓ∂ ι ѕмιℓє вє¢αυѕє уσυ'яє му ƒяιєη∂ - σя ¢яу вє¢αυѕє тнαт'ѕ αℓℓ уσυℓℓ єνєя вє?"

— Hinata

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· t h i r t y - o n e ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

As much you dreaded the inevitably approaching night, it was practically impossible to ignore the combustion of excitement that eradicated through your body as you gave a final twirl in front of your full-length mirror.

Wearing an immaculate lemon-yellow dress that caressed the floor with each manoeuvre of yours, you traced a finger along its tightened waistline that hugged your curve and trailed up along intricately-patterned lace which was slightly more pastel than the skirt.

Indescribable patterns were embedded throughout your torso, subsisting till they reached two thin straps that supported the surprisingly light-weight gown.

Beige footwear contentedly clicking against the floor as you ran your freshly manicured nails combed a few faded turquoise locks that tumbled on your shoulders in bouncy, heated waves.

The neon blue was quick to lose its vibrancy. But you weren't complaining as the strands morphed into beautifully faded, satin-like streams of sapphire.

Its delicacy perfectly complementing the pastel lemon that adorned your silky smooth skin, just like a crystal clear sea meeting sand on a bright blue day.

"Y/N, are you ready?" Your brother's faint yell could be heard, making you groan at his unexpected decision to maintain punctuality.

Before you could turn around and open your mouth to answer, you were cut off agape by a soft gasp.

Meeting Jimin's flabbergasted eyes was enough to make your chest swell with pride. The ebony-haired boy himself looked gorgeous in his fitted tuxedo that hugged the light muscles he'd developed through the passage of time. But he had forgotten the creases that might appear on his pristine shirt when he was so fascinated by déjà vu that enveloped him.

"Are you..." He whispered, still disbelieving the sight in front of him, "Did you wear Mom's dress?"

You nodded, a small smile on your lips as you twirled, making sure to display every inch of your clothing. Though his reaction was pretty elucidating, you wanted to hear the words from his lips.

"Does it look good?"

"You look beautiful." He whispered once more as his eyes drank in the straps that held the fabric together. Pastel lemon lace combined with the more vividly colored skirt making one imagine yellow streaks scattered across the blue sky. Plain, yet beautiful.