33| Singularity

among us is weirdly addictive.

"єνєη тнє ѕтяσηgєѕт σƒ ƒєєℓιηgѕ єχριяє ωнєη тαкєη ƒσя gяαηтє∂

"єνєη тнє ѕтяσηgєѕт σƒ ƒєєℓιηgѕ єχριяє ωнєη тαкєη ƒσя gяαηтє∂."

Bettie Sue

°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· t h i r t y - t h r e e ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°

It is said, a man is always haunted by things he refuses to accept.

A reminder that this principle isn't just restricted to men.

It's also applicable when Taehyung closed his eyes in order to block whatever pained expression formed on your face as you whispered, "I'm sorry."

It didn't make sense.

But there it was; everything was transparent like glass.

A traumatic accident no one counseled you out of that caused to have obsessive feelings for your best friend and commit major crimes to satisfy those, struggling to overcome the sickness with the help of someone only to fall in love with him instead. Finally, getting rejected by both.

Was this the romance you had dreamed of?

Taehyung cloaked his face behind his large hands with what seemed was mortification, but you weren't sure. Not anymore, anyway.

"Y/N-" The boy was immediately cut off by your hand sharply raising in the air.

"I..." Your voice box painfully constricted in your throat every time you forced out a word, "I need to leave."

"I'm really sorry," Taehyung began reasoning, but you weren't in the exact mood to listen.

You were fed up of listening to excuses. It was time for action now.

Mostly, we pave the way for our own heartache by anticipating to be greeted with fresh roses at every stage. It wasn't your fault for expecting positivity despite knowing how we play and use others for our own means.

The only way to save yourself from misery is to be the sadist yourself.

People aren't worth doing effort for; and that was one vivd lesson imprinted in your mind as you stood over the same gravel with your heels in one hand and the lemon coat in the other.

"Please take me home."

"Shit, what happened?" Jeongguk squinted at your form. It took him a while to drink in the contorted makeup that had horribly washed down your face, like wreckage of fresh paint after a storm.