18| Let Go

"αη∂ ωιтнσυт ƒєєт ι ¢αη мαкє му ωαу тσ уσυ

"αη∂ ωιтнσυт ƒєєт ι ¢αη мαкє му ωαу тσ уσυ. ωιтнσυт α мσυтн ι ¢αη ѕωєαя уσυя ηαмє."

— Musely

°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· e i g h t e e n ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°

"Jeongguk has a girlfriend. He's not mine." Your low whispers encircled you like a halo.

But you deserve him.

"He's not the last man on Earth."

Good luck finding someone like him.

"I can't own him against his will!"

Then who's going to protect him? That poor boy can't survive on his own.

"I'm not his parent."

Yet you want him to call you mommy?

"For completely different reasons."

Light pressure onto your shoulder, probably an intended tap to obtain your attention caused to flinch way harder than normal. You whirled around like greased lightning - ready to imprecisely karate-chop anyone, only to find your face inches apart with an extremely familiarly handsome one.

Chocolate brown eyes widened at the proximity, alit with a ravishing delight. Only after seeing the beautiful lines that contoured his face, a pink tint that instinctively spread over his cheekbones, and your own reflection that laid out in his sparkly orbs - you'd realized how close you were.

You had never noticed some unmistakable features before. Taking the difference of his eyelids, first. Then the little mole that rested underneath the waterline of his right eye, adorning his striking face to an other level.

When I look into your eyes, all I can see is the sadness I badly want to fall in love with - because that's the only thing that keeps us attached together, like a metaphorical string. When I look into your eyes, I can see my own sadness reflected back to me.

Neither of you moved, eyes interlocked and speaking for themselves - making normal words seem pointless.

"The beauty you see in my eyes is the reflection of you."

You could've sworn that your heart skipped a beat. Butterflies and all that shit. "What is that supposed to mean?" You managed to giggle out instead.