25| Best of Me

"уσυ'яє ησт α ∂яσρ ιη тнє σ¢єαη; уσυ'яє тнє σ¢єαη ιη α ∂яσρ

"уσυ'яє ησт α ∂яσρ ιη тнє σ¢єαη; уσυ'яє тнє σ¢єαη ιη α ∂яσρ."

— Rumi

°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· t w e n t y - f i v e ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°

"Remind me why depressing shit always happens to you?"

"Don't change the topic." Jimin sternly replied.

Taehyung sighed, not in the mood to brainstorm a convincing excuse at all. His fingers fumbled with the laced cloth whilst he continued staring at the floor.

"Well...?"

"She's dead either way, isn't she?"

Anger hit Jimin's chest at the younger's insensitive answer. His jaw dangerously clenched before he threw the other sharp glares.

"It's different, you bastard." He growled, "Her suicide brings up hundreds of other questions."

"And those hundreds will lead to more hundreds." Taehyung fessed up, "You'll lose everything - your family, your friends, especially yourself into this purposeless mystery."

"The worst part is, you can't even bring her back by this meaningless investigation." He continued, irritation flashing his eyes like glitter mixed in sand. "It's about time you start paying attention to those who surround you instead of someone who you willingly let go from your life."

"I didn't let her go!" The elder yelled, the tips of his ears fuming red. "Yes, our relationship was short, but that doesn't mean that I couldn't care for her!"

"You were fucking someone else," Taehyung's eyes squinted in digust as he reasoned.

"Only after seeing how appalling hurt looked on her beauty I realized it was a mistake." He gazed down ashamedly, "My mistake cost her her life."

"That brings me to my second reason: No one kills themself because of a mere high school fling. It's unlikely for her death to be linked with you." The boy looked up to find incredulity painted on Jimin's face. "I knew you'd never understand."

"Stop being a control freak." Jimin held his hands up whilst he plainly spoke, "It's my life, I fuck it up the way I want to."

"And other people clean your stains after?" Taehyung perked a brow. "I'd advise you to hold your horses and let Mother Nature do her thing, there's nothing in it for you anymore."

"There's nothing I want from you anymore." Jimin cut to the chase. He stretched an arm for a handshake. "Thanks for your help."

Taehyung didn't move an inch. Instead, he coldly stared at the stuck out palm ahead, wondering how easily his tiny outstretched palm could fit in his pocket.