5| Dope

"вαѕσяєχια; тнє ѕυ∂∂єη υяgє тσ кιѕѕ ѕσмєσηє

"вαѕσяєχια;
тнє ѕυ∂∂єη υяgє тσ кιѕѕ ѕσмєσηє."

— Google

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· f i v e ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Taehyung couldn't sleep.

Perhaps there was an eerie repulsive force of between his eyelids that forced them apart, or the anxiety that kept his nerves up. His arms were intact with the sheets that covered him whilst he stared at a random object enveloped in the darkness of the night.

The dark was petrifying. Petrifying enough to make him reach out to turn on the night light. Its soft, aureate light allowing him to exhale in relief. He returned to bed again, shifting about to spot the perfect position, engrossing thoughts consuming him entirely.

The thought of you.

What you would be doing at that very moment.

Hoping that it wouldn't involve anything menacing.

Before he could reabsorb more, his phone chimed, pulling him out of his imagination. He extended out an arm to grab his phone, "Hello?"

"Hey, um, Taehyung. Can you pick me up?"

He frowned, your agitative tone perking his eyebrows a little. He'd almost never heard his full name from you.

He immediately sat up straight, obviously alarmed. The open window allowing air to dance in, flying bits of raven hair across his forehead.

"Is everything alright?"

"No, everything's not all right." Your voice cracked through the cellular device.

And then the boy heard anomalous audio in the background. Something that shouldn't be normally heard during normal conversations.

"Y/N, are those fucking sirens?"

________

"I don't know what happened. I was just walking by her house and then I saw flashing red lights and cars." You shuddered, knees quivering violently despite your tightly pursed thighs.

"What were you doing around her house?"

Your face lifted up to the source of the question, a look of trepidation evident in your glassy eyes. Meeting firm and steadfast ones.

"We both know your home is nowhere near hers, so what were you doing there?"

Jeongguk's head whipped at the sentence, arms unwavering across against his chest whilst he leaned across the wall, "Taehyung stop being Nancy Drew. Look how terrified she is, she literally witnessed an unconscious person."