32| Stay Gold

"нσω ¢συℓ∂ ι нαтє нєя¿ ѕнєѕ ѕυ¢н αη αηgєℓ

"нσω ¢συℓ∂ ι нαтє нєя¿ ѕнєѕ ѕυ¢н αη αηgєℓ."

— Conan Gray

"°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· t h i r t y - t w o ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

Taehyung's eyes flickered to yours. A flick so sudden you weren't sure that you'd made eye contact in the first place. The confusion written all over your face completely contradicted the new course of spite coursing through your bloodstream.

Jeongguk had left the room by now. The rushing vulnerable tears on his face were enough reason for you to give him his deserved space. Hyelin, however, was dumbstruck.

"Kook, wait!"

She didn't think twice before shooting after the taller brunette, shoes in one hand as her bare feet hurriedly thumped against the cold floor.

Thick silence crept through, moulding its way in order fit with the awkwardness that had already settled in the atmosphere.

Once you were confirmed of their remoteness by hearing fainter footsteps, you crossed your arms against your chest.

"I'm sorry."

Your eyelids draped over your orbs, the blackness replacing the ravenette helping tremendously in not infuriating. You pinched the bridge of your nose, "Why?"

"Because when you asked me to keep her away from Jeongguk, I'm sure this was not what you'd expected."

"Here out of all areas?" You gritted, "Really?"

"I really had no clue!" Taehyung's voice raised a bit as he defended himself, "Why would you be here in the first place? This is an ideal place to hook up."

"Oh my God." You facepalmed, unable to comprehend any more of his shit.

"Did I mess up?"

He was afraid, terror immersed deep within the hear of the boy as he protectively wrapped his arms around his torso, not wanting to be hurt. It was wrong of him to feel a little glad on delaying your romantic confession, even by mere moments.

You sighed. The swiveling dullness in his usual obsidian irises read your expression and he pouted sadly.

"I need to go after him."

You didn't even wait for his response before striking outside. Not saying it aloud, but you seriously abhorred the boy's carelessness then. You couldn't stand being in the same room as him, watching his lithe body perfectly accented in an all-white tux make up weird ass excuses for attempting to hook up with the last girl you'd wanted to see.

There was something off about it.

Obviously, a lot had happened in the past fifteen minutes. But there was something else that felt really odd, like that weird sensation of sourness in your cinnamon roll. You can't figure it out.