epilogue pt. 2: For You

"∂ι¢няσмє; нανιηg σя єχнιвιтιηg тωσ ¢σℓσяѕ

"∂ι¢няσмє; нανιηg σя єχнιвιтιηg тωσ ¢σℓσяѕ."

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· 2/2  ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°°

"What does it mean?"

Even if the observer was feigning interest at that point, you'd played along twice as hard. The middle-aged man's vision wasn't as perfect as you'd assumed, since his unwavering gaze seemed confused and unable to decipher a damn painting.

"It symbolizes youthful gallivanting, a carefree heart and an oblivious soul."

"This?" He pointed to the resin-preserved framework, a canvas of midnight colors adorned with smokey tendrils.

"Yes, sir."

"Do you wish to elaborate?"

You sighed lightly before straightening your freshly ironed blazer. Leaning forward, your fingers, ever so lightly traced over an inch above the actual canvas to prevent contact.

"These are stars," You felt like a primary teacher as the man carefully listened, "And those stars are highlighted by the smoke of cigarettes, explaining how fascinatingly the sky accepts a young mind's immature stunts. It expresses a blithe attitude toward life, and how we all were like that at some point in our life."

He nodded, perplexed creases on his forehead easing slowly. He pointed a finger to a particular corner, "Who's that?"

You squinted at the vague figure situated on the bottom left corner of the canvas. You'd never heed attention to when you'd actually created that part, or whether it magically appeared on its own.

"That is...the source of all this smoke," Your eyebrows furrowed further as you explained the obvious. Before you'd recognized the lithe body.

"That is my first boyfriend."

"I see," The man nodded, finally reclining back into his luxurious office chair. "Are your paintings often inspired by your personal experiences?"

Dumbass.

"There is nothing that inspires me more than the constant need for finding inspiration itself."

His expression showed no emotion whatsoever, yet you'd caught the slight curve of his lips upon your response, and you knew you hadn't messed up on that one.

"Very well then, Miss Park. I extend my gratitude for making time out to visit our gallery to present your artwork. I do see some potential in you, and quite frankly, have even individually passed it based on your skillful elucidation. But the final decision is not for me to solely take, hence I request you to wait for our official joining letter, which I am certain you shall receive within three or four working days. Good evening."