37| Reflection

"тнє ωαу тнєу ℓєανє тєℓℓѕ уσυ єνєяутнιηg

"тнє ωαу тнєу ℓєανє тєℓℓѕ уσυ єνєяутнιηg."

— milk and honey

°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· t h i r t y - s e v e n  ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°

Jeongguk really, really wanted to be over with it. 

Whether or not that meant he could go home. Whether or not he could see the sun itself again or hear chirping birds at daybreak along with the facility of seeing them before cursing at the same creatures for pooping on his car.

His stamina, will to persevere, and cognitive abilities had all dwindled to form a small enclosed mass, within his core like a caterpillar being girdled by its cocoon after it finds itself too weak to endure the harsh surroundings any longer.

The only difference was that Jeongguk wasn't certain if he'd blossom again, if his vitality would bloom even like a moth, let alone a butterfly.

He was aware of what his reflection held.

"Y/N..." He husked, lips chapped and skin pale as he didn't even bother concealing his weakness.

"Yeah?" You whipped your head to face him, squinting at his arm frailly reaching out to you. Taking his palm in yours - which felt very cold and dry, you drew yourself close.

"W-wa..." He sucked in a sharp breath, "Water."

You immediately pressed a sprawled water bottle against his lips, presuming the drugs had finally started debilitating his body. The boy eagerly responded, Adam's apple bobbing with every gulp yet the meekness was so overpowering that there was more water trailing down the sides of his mouth and chin than entering his mouth.

"What's wrong?" You whispered, knowing all too well what was.

"I don't... feel so good," His voice was nothing more than cracked bits of sentences, "Can-can we rest?"

"But we're not done yet," You frowned whilst gesturing to the film of blood that coated his bare abdomen with your crimson fingers. The blade you held was stained to a point he couldn't see any silver on it, nothing apart red and maroon crusting of dried blood.

Red. Red. Red.

Her hair was red.

Blood is red.

Vengeance is red.

He hated red.

Jimin thankfully was unconscious, your courtesy of giving him a shot to furnish more privacy. Jeongguk was barely awake either, his eyelids lazily dropping over again and again as the metallic scent stung his nostrils. Perhaps it was the oozing blood that produced a surging rush in his brain, aching and gnawing every organ it passed.