15

Everyone in the town looks different compared to us. Their clothes are vibrant and neon and ours are.... Dark. I could hear music playing in the distance, it felt calming here.

"Arielle, where are you going? The motel is here." Morcar laughs before grabbing my arm and walking over to the reception. The walls are covered in blues, greens and pinks, and there are plants hanging from the ceiling. We got to the reception desk and there is no one there, just a bell that says press me. I look at the others before pressing the button and before I know it there is a hologram type thing sitting on the chair. I felt myself jump back in astonishment, that is awesome! I have never seen anything like that before.

"How can I help you?" The woman spoke. She sounds very approachable, like someone you could just go up to and talk for hours, even though you have never met her before.

"We would like three rooms please." Coraline looks at the women and beams. It feels very strange, looking at someone that isn't actually there, I wonder where she is.

"Oh I'm sorry darling, we only have two rooms left!" She giggles lightly. Her laugh sounded like a rainbow finally reaching the pot of gold. What is going on? Why do I keep doing that?

"That's okay! We will be fine with two. How much will that be?" The woman looked at Coraline and gave her a confused gaze.

"How much? You don't have to pay here? A-are you not from around here?" Her voice did not sound as soothing anymore, it's more of a squeaky high pitched confused voice.

"That's great! We will just be taking our keys then!" Coraline totally ignores the woman's question and picks up the cards from our room and strolls off. I glance back to see the woman press something on her end and she disappears. This didn't feel like Greensville at all, this feels more like a big shot city. But I guess if they said it is, then I guess it is Greensville. The motel isn't an awful looking place, it is relatively big. It looks like it's cleaned often and has been upgraded to recent fashion regularly. We had room 112 and 118, so they were very close, but I am still worried about someone sleeping on their own because Charlie is still alive.

"That hologram downstairs gave me the right creeps, anyone else?" Coraline questions as she swipes the card into the card slot.

"I- no. I thought she was nice until she started to look at us funny when she asked if we weren't from round here. That kinda scared me." I replied honestly. Without saying another word I walked into the door to see a huge queen sized bed which sat on a dark wood bed base. The floor is a light grey fluffy carpet which looks like it had been looked after. There is also a complimentary tray of foods which looks delicious, and a bathroom which I did not go into as I am too lazy to walk into it. In front of me stands a huge window that reflects onto the town, it is really beautiful. There's so many colours that spill out onto the town, it looks like an ideal place for heaven.

"You ready?" I could feel Morcar's breath on the back of my neck. I know he's worried to get this wrong, but at this point I just want to go back to normal, and stop feeling like I am going crazy.

Morcar's pov...

She is just looking out of the window, not saying a word. I didn't want to move her because I didn't know how she was going to react. I stand behind her and await her response, trying not to push her to hurry up.

"Where do I sit?" She looks at me then quickly darts her eyes down to the ground.

"Just lay on the bed, that should be okay." I look at her and smile, but she doesn't look back at me. I hope I find something, I hate this, I just want things to be normal with us again. I am so alone in my thoughts that I didn't realise that she is already laying on the bed, facing the ceiling. Coraline walks over to Arielle and smiles at her before going to sit on the chair near the window.