24

Coraline's pov..
My head is pounding so loud I think everyone can hear it by now. I could feel my own blood in my mouth and all over my face. I placed my hands on the floor and tried to lift myself up but I was greeted by a heavy foot to my stomach. I fell back down to the hard ground with a thump. I let out a silent whimper before curling my knees up to my chest. I still haven't opened my eyes yet, I don't know where I am nor how I got here. The last thing I fully remember is me hot wiring that red convertible at the motel then a bag was slung over my head.

"What do you want from me?" I whisper through the pain coursing through my winded stomach. I wanted to cry out for help, but I know I would be pushing it and they would probably hit me again.

"Shut up." What sounded like a man's voice picked up my face with his finger and slapped me round the face.

"Calm down mate you're gonna kill her. Go get the boss." I heard another voice come from behind me. It sounded softer, more calmer than the other man's voice.

"Whatever." The man mumbled before walking out and slamming the door, causing me to flinch.

"Are you okay?" The nicer sounding one says from behind me. He kneels down and puts his hand on my head. I knew I should pull away but my body didn't have the power to, so instead I felt myself pushing my head into his hand further.

"Please. He-help me." I whimper before grabbing my stomach tighter. I squeeze my eyes shut in agony before letting out a sharp breath. "Why is this happening to me?"

"Open your eyes Coraline." The voice sounds more familiar than I thought it would. He sounds as afraid as me. I slowly open one eye to see the man kneeling over me. He had emerald green eyes with thick blonde hair. His jaw is clenched shut defining it more.

"I recognise you." I let out a forced smile before attempting to sit up.

"No no no don't sit up." He carefully pushes me down and puts my head on his thighs. "You're really hurt, getting up will hurt more." He lets out a soft smile before looking over to the door.

"Please don't let them hurt me." I plead quietly into his arms that were now wrapped around the sides of my head holding it up.

"I don't have control over that." He sighs before slightly moving away. I grab his arm and pull him closer.

"Please." I open my eyes to see him looking down at me with an apologetic face. He twiddles his thumbs together before letting out a side smile.

"She is going to kill me." He says quietly to himself before stroking my soft hair.

"Asteria?" I say to him, matching his tone of voice.

"Yeah." He smiles with sad eyes. I have only known this person for not that long, but he smiles a lot, even if it isn't a real smile.

"Who are you?" I ask again, wanting to know more about him.

"You don't want to know." He says gently.

"I do."

"Charlie.." He looks down at me with an awkward look. I widen my eyes and look at him, remembering who he is. Arielle's brother... I lift myself up and put my arms around his neck. He freezes before steadily putting his arms round my back.

"I thought I'd never be saying this but.. I am really glad to see you." I smile into his neck before pulling away to face him.

"You shouldn't be." He looks at me before rapidly turning his head towards the door. "Shit." He takes his hands off of me and puts me back onto the ground.

"What?"

"I can hear security. They are coming this way."

"Hit me." I say without hesitation.