16

Sun. Beautiful sunny sun. I love the way it smiles onto the earth, and we smile back at it brighter. This is my favourite time of the year, waking up with the curtains wide open, sun rushing onto my skin. I look over to Morcar, but he's still sleeping, so I get out of bed and sit next to the window. The window is huge, you could see the city starting to get ready for a busy day. I love summer, and I love my life. Last night before sleeping I thought to myself that maybe I should stop worrying so much and start living my life. I am young, pretty and free. Sure this week may be on the list of the worst weeks of my life, but you have to move on, because if you don't, you are going to be stuck in a dark place for a long time.

"Morcar. Morcar! Get up." I run over to Morcar and jump on him. I can see that his eyes are beginning to open, but they didn't want to. "Time to wake up, it is an amazing day today!" Before I could say anything else he sits up in bed and rubs his eyes.

"And why is that beautiful?"

"Because we are going SHOPPING!" I pick up a pillow and hit him with it. Shopping is my favourite thing to do, I want to have clothes for when I get back home, I have to make an entrance.

"Shopping? I thought we were going to find the portal today?" He gets up and walks over to the window.

"Well yes but I thought that seeming as we probably won't ever come here again it would be a nice experience to go sightseeing!"

"In the shops?" Morcar laughs.

"Well, yes, of course. Please Morcar, I have never been to a big city before, there must be so much selection!"

"Fine, we go shopping. Only on the condition that we don't buy too much stuff, I am not carrying around all of your bags."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'll text Coraline and tell her." He smiles at me before walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I am not having today ruined by anything or anyone. I just want to have a normal day living a normal life doing normal things. I know technically I am just a normal girl but not many normal girls are the most powerful in the universe. It scares me how powerful I really am, but today I promised myself I wouldn't think about it. Well actually, talking about thinking about things, when do I talk to Morcar about what we are? Like, we have both said I love you, and we have kissed but, we hadn't actually made anything official. Anyways! Great start to not overthinking anything.

"I'm ready, when are we leaving?" Coraline bursts in the room with a pair of sunglasses resting on her luscious long hair. "Oh. You're not even dressed yet! And where is Morcar?"

"He's in the shower, and yeah no shit of course I'm not ready, do you forget who I am sometimes? And also, I only just texted you five minutes ago, how are you already ready?" Coraline laughs at me before throwing herself onto the bed.

"I have been up for hours now, so I was already dressed when you texted me. I am always ready. Now, what are you wearing?"

"I don't know, nothing special. That's why I need to go and buy something." She looks at me and shakes her head. "Hey? What're you shaking your head for? I'm being serious."

"You can make an outfit out of anything. Now give me your bag." I say nothing more and chuck my bag over to her. There is actually nothing nice in there, I didn't have time to pack anything nice. "How about this?" Coraline continues to pull out a short red dress with some white frilly socks. Where the hell did that come from? I didn't know I packed that, must've been Morcar.

"A-are you sure? Do you think I'll look a bit too dressed up to go shopping?"

"There's no such thing! Now put it on, it's gonna look great. Trust me." She then chucks over the dress and socks and turns away to the window. I then take off my purple pyjamas and replace it with the red dress and socks that she gave me. Before turning around, I look at myself in the mirror to see what it looked like. Huh? Pretty nice.