04

So, let me give you a rundown on who Morcar actually is. Morcar was one of my very good friends back in Galapanda when I was younger, we would practically spend every minute of every day together. Then one day I realised that me and Morcar were spending less time together as the days went by. Obviously this was upsetting for me but I started to feel as though he did not care, so I just didn't bring it up. One day when we were hanging out he told me that he was like my father. At first I laughed at him because I was genuinely confused at what he meant, but then I started to understand as the words flew out of his mouth...

Staring out of the tumid window, I wait for Morcar to arrive so we can study on a healing spell that we have both been trying for weeks. But as I stand in front of the window for longer, with a cup of herbal green tea in my hands, I realise that, I have fooled myself, he isn't going to come. Again. I have been standing at the window for so long, gazing at the mountains in the background which intertwine with the clouds, that I hadn't even noticed that the house phone has been ringing.

"Shit," I whisper under my breath as I realise it is no one other than my father. I gaze at the phone for a few seconds before hesitantly picking it up. "Hi dad."

"Hey honey," I hear a few snickers come from the background when I realise that it isn't my father calling me.

"Morcar? What the hell are you doing with my dad's phone? And where are you? I have been waiting for a-"

"Look, I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you. Meet me at our place?" I smile before I answer his question. OUR. I know the place that we went technically is not ours but Morcar has always called it ours.

"Arielle? Hello?" My cheeks blush red when I realise I have been standing there for so long thinking about the fact that he had said ours. What a daisy.

"Yes, see you in 30!" I chuckle and put the phone down and proceed downstairs to my room. On my street, it is traditional that the bedrooms,bathrooms and magic rooms were downstairs and the living room and kitchen were upstairs. It sounds weird but it's kind of like an underground thing, so when you walk into the front door you end up in the walkway to the kitchen, not my bedroom. It sounds confusing but if you really think about it, it's not.

When I got to my room I jumped into my wardrobe and pulled nearly every single: top, jeans, jumper, socks and skirt just so I could find nothing nice to wear.

"Aple, what's the weather like outside?"

"It is 24 degrees celsius outside."

"Thank you!" Aple is my kind of robotic pet thing that I made mostly to ask questions about the weather, but sometimes find myself actually talking to it like it's a real person.

Anyway, it is fairly hot outside, but that still gave me no clue of what to wear. I am tempted to ring Melanie and ask her what I should wear but I know that she will just pester me and go on about how I am going on 'a date' which is NOT true. Morcar is my best friend I- I just like to look nice for him. I looked over at the clock to see that the time was 1:06pm. For christ sake. I got off of the phone to Morcar exactly twelve minutes ago. Like he is gonna be fussed about what i wear anyway!

I quickly chuck on a white polo and layer it with a light purple sweatshirt. It is really hot outside, but I did tend to get cold easily. I then grab my grey mom jeans and sling them on. Damn do these things make me look good. I chuckle to myself as I add some bracelets and put a necklace on. I ran over to my drawer and picked out a small black handbag to match the outfit. In the bag, I placed my: Cherry chapstick; my glasses, magic book and my phone. That should do it.