30

"Who have you brought to us child?"

"Your majesty, the lost children, they have returned," I listen closely to the murmurs in the background. I am not sure who is speaking, and I am not sure where I am, but if I keep my eyes closed, I won't have to face whatever might be coming.

"I don't believe you, wake the children, there is no way," I squint my eyes tighter as I hear footsteps approaching my body. I brace myself for a kick in the stomach, but instead I feel a soft hand touch my shoulder.

"Time to wake up," His gentle voice spoke to me. I slowly open my eyes to see a man dressed in a much fancier attire than me. I glance at him to see him waking the others up quickly, almost in a rush to do so. I bring myself to my feet and look to my side to see: Morcar, Charlie and Coraline, already standing up and looking around on the spot. I glance around to see beautiful chandeliers dancing with the sun and massive amounts of luxurious foods laying out coordinated on the table. A beautiful woman sits on the biggest throne I have ever seen in my life. She has long dark hair which is accompanied by a glistening crown filled with emeralds and diamonds. Her gown was snow white and her dark purple dress sat on the floor perfectly. I start to realise where we are- the Magical Galapandian Kingdom, and the beautiful lady sitting on the throne, is Coraline's mother...

Coraline's pov...

I stand and stare intently at mother, trying not to come across as rude. Her hair looks much darker, much longer than it used to be, I never remember it being this long. I should probably say something, because I'm pretty sure by now everyone knows where we are, it is pretty obvious.

"You," My mother's voice echoed throughout the Kingdom. I shoot my eyes towards her to see her pointing towards no one else but me. "Step forward, into the middle," I follow her orders, knowing exactly where to stand. I have seen her do this a million times, only this time, I am the one in questioning, not some random citizen. "State your name,"

"Coraline-"

"-Your real name," Mother interrupts me and orders. I let out a sigh and looked down to the floor. None of my friends know my real name, but I don't want them to know, I don't want them to think I have been lying to them.

"Elizabeth Augusta Avatar," I whispered so only I could hear myself.

"A bit louder please," Mother pushed annoyingly, knowing full well that I hate my name with all my heart and more.

"Elizabeth Augusta Avatar," I answer, being a lot louder than before.

"It's nice to see you Elizabeth," Mother chirped.

"You don't have to pretend, and please don't call me that," I push, knowing that she will not listen to my orders, being the Queen after all.

"Look Elizabeth, I- we all have been worried about you, it's been years, where did you go?"

"Oh you know, travelled, saw the world for what it truly is, all that jazz," My mother rolled her eyes and tutted at me, knowing that my language lessons had come in no use for me. She always wanted me to speak like her, a posh, noble woman, but that isn't me, I am just a normal person, hence why I changed my name to Coraline.

"And who are your friends?" I look behind me and look at all of them, knowing full well that my mother is definitely aware of who they are, if we are truly the missing children or whatever.

"That one there is Arielle Smith, then you have Morcar- Morcar last name please?"

"Um it's-" He lets out a shaky cough before looking back to me, "Burtone," He answers quickly.

"Oh yes Morcar Burtone and Charlie Casey,"

"Charlie and Arielle and brother and sister is that correct?" My mother questioned, already knowing the answer to her own query.