17

Arielle's pov...

My head hurts so bad, what the hell is going on? I try to get up but my leg is trapped under a huge rock that looked like it had fallen. I support my head with my hand to stop myself from fainting again.

"Coraline? Morcar?" I try and lift the heavy piece of stone off of my leg but it just wouldn't budge. It really hurt, like, a lot. I didn't want to scream, because I didn't want to startle anyone, but then again, I could hear faint screams in the background. I couldn't even tell where we are anymore, there is dust everywhere. Just as I was about to call out their names again, I heard a deep cough near me.

"Arielle? Is that you? I can't see you." It's Morcar. He sounds incredibly scared, like he had been crying, but not anymore.

"Listen to me okay? Just follow my voice, it may be hard but you need to trust me."

"I-I cant Arielle, I think my leg is broken."

"Morcar, are you trapped under anything?"

"No I'm not."

"If you crawl to me, I might be able to heal you, but I can't get to you because I'm trapped, okay?" I could feel my voice begin to crack. This was supposed to be a good day, not like this. This is the true definition of the shopping trip from hell.

"Okay." I could hear him start to get closer, because his breaths were getting louder, and heavier. I rub my eyes and try and peer through the dust to see where he is, but before I could call out again, he appears from the shadows and his head falls into my lap. "It hurts, it hurts so much. Please help me, please. I think there's something wrong with my chest, it feels like everything is tightening and my airway feels trapped."

"I think you're having a panic attack baby, it's okay, just look at me. I'm going to help you." I grab onto his hand and squeeze it tight.

"Earth and air hear who calls

Our friend, lies in pain

Bring him no more agony

And help him be strong again"

I look over to Morcar's wounds to see them healing themselves. He already looks so much better, much more relaxed. I felt myself let out a shaky breath before tilting my head back. This place looks like it won't hold its structure for much longer, we need to find Coraline and get out of here.

"Morcar, do you know where Coraline is?"

"I haven't seen her, we can go and look for her." He gets up and starts to walk off.

"Urm, Morcar. I still can't move." He quickly clocks onto what I am saying and removes the large rock from my leg. Shit, it hurt so much. It wasn't broken, it just felt dead.

"Did you want me to carry you or anything, is it bad?"

"No." I lie. I use my hands to pick myself up onto my feet. "It looks terrible in here, do you really think this could've been my dad?" Morcar turns away and doesn't respond. "Morcar? I understand. If you think it was him, just tell me, I understand, I do."

"I just didn't want to ruin your day." Morcar smiled with tears in his eyes.

"Nooo, no please don't cry. It's not your fault, besides, I was the one who wanted to go out shopping anyway." I hold my stomach and laugh before walking over to Morcar and hold him tight. "This is going to be okay, we're going to be-"

"Please, please help me! I'm down here, I can't move." Coraline. I could hear Coraline. But where. I had never heard her cry more, she was in a lot of pain.