23

I quickly look over to the monitors to see that it is now 98% complete.

"Can you go and see if Coraline is okay, it doesn't take ten minutes to hot wire a car." I smack my hand on the desk which causes the keyboard to go flying. She shouldn't have gone to hot wire a car, maybe it was a bad idea but I just hope she is okay. I turn around to see Morcar pulling himself up from the table and walking hastily out the door. I don't know if we have just had an argument, because there is a lot of unspoken tension between us and it is making me really annoyed.

I scout the room for a device of some sort that would enable me to transfer the things I am downloading onto it. I look under the table and start pulling out the boxes scrambling through them trying to find anything compatible. Without even realising, I pull out a small computer that looks fairly new. I open it and turn it on to find that there is a password on it. I put the same one in as the other monitor and it let me in. Damn, they should definitely change the passwords on their pc's. I took a quick glance over to the monitor's to see that they were 99% complete, which gave me a little bit of time to check if there's any sort of location pin on here. I scoot my chair further into the table and click onto settings to see that the location bar is glowing. I quickly turned it off and searched for anything else suspicious but when I saw nothing, I shut the laptop and moved it to the side.

'Download complete
Confirmation code: 666'

I jump to my feet to realise that the monitor actually speaks. "Amazing technology, the way that they have programmed it to talk." I say to myself as I run my hand across the computer before yanking the memory stick out and shoving it in my pocket.

"Arielle, Coraline is gone," Morcar runs in the room holding his chest in his hands. I raise an eyebrow at him and look back down at his chest before locking eyes with him again. "Oh, I'm out of breath, I'm not hurt." He says reading my mind.

"We need a locator spell, or well maybe a satnav. I know where she is." I try to say as calmly as possible, but I could feel the tears pricking in the sides of my eyes. I didn't want to cry, because I knew that over the past few days I have been trying to get stronger. I'm not saying that crying is a bad thing, but doing it every day is starting to drain me.

Morcar nods at me and starts to walk out. Whilst his back is turned I quickly wipe the sides of my eyes and pick my things up. Before I leave, I look down at the gun that lay on the cabinet. My finger grazed the side of it and my thoughts began to trail off.

'Just take it, you might need it.' My subconscious kept pushing me, but thinking about it, I am incredibly powerful without a weapon. I am a human weapon, but I still felt afraid of not having full protection. Without thinking, I pick it up and shove it into my bag before running out to the parking lot and catching up with Morcar.

"This is the car she was hot wiring before she left. I can tell because well the wires." He points over to the left. I look over to see a shiny red convertible. I walk over to it and run my fingers along the shiny steel. The car is very nice, it looks fairly new as well. I plunk myself in the passenger's seat and start opening all of the draws and start moving things. "May I ask what you are doing Miss Smith?" Morcar quietly chuckles to himself whilst being serious at the same time. I couldn't help but smile at his Miss Smith comment, but I didn't really have time to be telling him that.

"Maybe she left us a note or something. What if she wasn't kidnapped and we are overthinking it." My gut is still telling me I'm not overthinking it, but my brain is. I suddenly have a spark in my mind and start to pull my phone out. I clunk her name into my contacts and start ringing her.

"She isn't gonna pick up."

"I know." I smirk at him before hearing the vibration of her phone...