26

Arielle's pov...
"Can you hear that?" I say to Morcar casually, trying to figure out what the loud thumping noise is. He leans forward and squints his eyes, trying to concentrate on the booming noise getting louder.

"What is that?" Morcar questioned, looking at me dead in the eye. I let go of his hand and started to walk towards the door. He quickly grabs my arm and pulls me back to him. "What are you doing? We don't know what that is, we can't just go out there." I nod at him and look towards the door.

"What are we meant to do?" I say in a louder tone, trying to block out the noise from the distance. He looks at me then looks over to the till where someone should have been.

"We need to go upstairs, or find somewhere to hide. Have you got your phone?" I nod at him and reach into my pocket for it. He pulls my hand back up so that I couldn't get it. "Listen, we need to call Coraline or Charlie to warn them. Once they have been warned, you need to break your phone." He says in full seriousness.

"Why my phone?"

"One I haven't got one and two they could be listening okay?"

"Okay." I reach down for my phone and dial Coraline's number. As I do that Morcar pulls me to the stairs and drags me up them.

"Hello?" Coraline says, sounding slightly confused. "Can you hear that-"

"-Yes we can hear it too. You and Charlie need to get to safety, it doesn't matter where. Just make sure you are safe. You can break into whatever, remember this town is basically fake."

"Okay, I'll let Charlie know and we will start heading to safety."

"Oh and Coraline-" I say quickly before she hangs up the phone.

"Yes?"

"Be safe. I love you." I say softly. She lets out a shaky breath and sighs.

"I love you too." I bring down the phone from my ear and smash it onto the floor. We're now in a room which felt awfully confined. The walls were dark grey and the floor is a grey concrete colour. I place myself on the floor next to Morcar and put my head on his shoulder.

"Morcar?"

"Yes angel?"

"I love you." I say almost silently. I put his hand in mine and closed my eyes. He lets out a shaky laugh and pushes his head onto mine.

"There is nothing better than hearing that. I love you too." I can feel his smile radiating off of him, he is such a sweetheart. Never did I think in a million years I would be sitting here with Morcar, saying that I love him. When him and I were younger, I never had any sort of love interest with him, he was just simply my best friend and I was his.

"Do you remember Gamaura?" I say in an attempt to make conversation.

"The lady from the sweet shop?" He giggles and pulls me onto him. "I do, why?"

"You remember the day that you told me that you were involved with black magic?" I whisper, trying to avoid the loud thumping noise which is making my ears ring. He darts his eyes to the floor and shakes his head.

"How can I forget that day? I am so sorry about-" I put my finger on his lips and share a closed-mouth smile with him.

"I went to see her before I came to see you, to buy gumdrops. I told her I was coming to meet you, and she started acting funny with me. For the first time ever she didn't give me the sweets for free. I wondered why, but the more I thought about it, I know. She knew Morcar, she knew what you were doing. Why didn't I?" I ask quietly. I knew I shouldn't bring things like this up, but it always bothered me. "How long were you part of it before you told me?"