|𝐻𝑢𝑚𝑎𝑛|

Warning: death of a loved one is mentioned

Working for the Empire was never your ideal life, but you needed the job and you had nothing to lose. After your husband passed away, you never really cared about anything. You just did stuff without thinking, trying to fill the void of his loss and when you were offered this job, you just took it. Not even thinking about it first.

Originally, you were a medical engineer. You used to design and build medical machinery and you could fix it also, but here you were a simple assistant. You walked around the Death Star with papers in your hands. You just had to bring reports to the general. That was it. You didn't do much.

One day, you were requested to deliver a report to someone who you never thought would have to talk to.

Darth Vader.

You had seen him one time or two through the hallways, but this was a big station, there were few posibilites that you would see him oftenly.

"Here's the report, General" you said as you handed it to him.

"I forgot to tell you. Lord Vader wants this report to be delivered to him directly. He is in his quarters at this time." The general said and you freezed.

"Right away, general" you said and started walking towards Vader's quarters.

You were nervous. You didn't want to disrupt him because you would get killed.

You took a deep breath and knocked on the door and nobody answered. Instead, you heard that peculiar mechanic breathing behind you. You were scared to even turn around, but you had to.

You looked up at the masked man in front of you.

"Lord Vader...I have um...this report f-for you. General Chadwick said that you wanted it to be delivered to you directly" you said and he didn't make a sound. All you could hear was his breathing. You were an expert on breathing masks and by what you heard he was having trouble with taking oxygen correctly. "Lord Vader...a-are you having trouble with y-your mask?" You asked nervous.

"Yes." He simply answered with his robotic voice and you looked at him for a long second.

"I could help you...if you need it" you said and gulped.

"Yes. I do need it" he said and started walking.

You followed him, assuming that he was going to the medical care room, but instead he walked you to a room filled with machinery and equipment to fix any problem that Vader could have with his suit.

He sat on a chair and you looked around. Everything felt so dark.

As he sat, you slowly walked to him. There was a little chair next to his seat. You took it and sat down carefully.

You turned around and took an oxygen mask to put on him, so that he could breath when he had his mask off.

You stood back up and connected the mask to the oxygen.